• Cloud Defensive OWL
  • 600 SERIES E2HT LIGHT
  • 600 SERIES E2XT LIGHT
  • MODLITE PLHV2-18650 LIGHT

I'm looking for a light to use in a "ranch" and "farmhouse" environment. Right now my main rifle is a KAC SR-15 LPR.

I don't want so much light I blind myself if I shine it on an interior wall or a beam so tight I don't have good situational awareness. I need light to at least 100 yards with 200 being preferable which may put my two goals at odds with each other or require two different rifles with different lights which is an option.

The OWL looks attractive because of beam color (temperature) and is used for target id. By target id not so much bad guy shoot good guy don't but, is that furry critter a cat, raccoon, possum, etc. or is that brown blob downrange a fawn or newborn calf being harassed by a dog or coyote and which one is which? Durability to me means surviving on a tractor and the normal knocks and bumps that happen in a UTV (side-by-side).

I'm waiting for stuff to come back in stock and I will likely go with a 16" house rifle so I can keep the KAC setup for outside critter duties. This suggests buying two lights instead of one.

Is the MODLITE OKW-18650 LIGHT overkill for my KAC SR-15 outdoors? Does it have such a concentrated beam it isn't viable inside 50 yards? How about situational awareness with effects to night vision (not gear, eyeballs ) and the ability to recognize stuff in the spill or lack of spill?

If I go OKW MODLITE, does this affect the choices? Like maybe OWL indoors and OKW outdoors? For mounts, I expect to use Arisaka offsets but, I can be swayed in a different direction. How do the Arisaka 600 options fit in the mix? Especially the 600 E2HT with its lower price point compared to the OWL though price isn't the main concern and the extra cost for tailcaps isn't missed in the budget.

TIA,
Sid