Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownell‘s pushing “new“ Magpul MP5 furniture.

Feedback Score

Brownell‘s pushing “new“ Magpul MP5 furniture.

Looks like some usual slick Magpul stuff. I thought there was some kind of relationship between Magpul and Palmetto State? I wonder if this means that their MP5 clone is getting close to being pushed out.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Why do you think PSA and Magpul have a relationship?

Why is, "new," in quotes?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I just wish they’d develop a magazine. $75 a pop is a lot to think about when contemplating buying a firearm you’ve always wanted since watching Diehard for the first time as a kid.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Buy the Gen 3 KCI (Korean) mags. The Gen 1s had feed/reliability issues and are to be avoided. I have a couple Gen 2 and 10 (IIRC) of the Gen 3 mags and they have all worked just fine. Gen 3s have a better finish and are preferred. I don’t think I have ever seen a Gen 3 have any reliability issues with a semi-auto gun. I did see one have issues with a full auto. Spring needed to be replaced but I don’t know how much use that mag had seen as it wasn’t mine.

Not sure how much they are currently but I think I paid $25 each when I ordered the 10.

Feedback Score
    It's been a few years, and I don't remember the details but it was suggested that PSA paid for, or contracted with Magpul to produce the furniture. I'm not an insider, and I might be wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    It's been a few years, and I don't remember the details but it was suggested that PSA paid for, or contracted with Magpul to produce the furniture. I'm not an insider, and I might be wrong.
    That’s what I remembered too. As to new I think some of this has been revealed before? Maybe even for sale? I was wondering if the reason it is being marketed is because the gun is coming, or the other way that the gun isn’t coming and Magpul can sell their stuff on the open market.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yuck. Those magpul single rear pin hk lowers are so ugly. No way that’s going on any of my MP5s. Also, I wouldn’t get excited about the PSA mp5 cline. I’d wager it will be a total turd with lots of teething issues.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Yuck. Those magpul single rear pin hk lowers are so ugly.
    Some people just want to be able to reach the selector. If this does at a reasonable price point it could be a hit, even if it is less than classically styled.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The enhanced selector kit works really well on my Zenith Z5P. Not as tight and ergo is excellent without having to switch my trigger finger position. Ran a PCC match once with the stock selector, it was a pain to switch on from low ready. PS: I have Navy SEF receiver and HKParts US made trigger pack.

Last edited by AwaySooner; 06-24-20 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Some people just want to be able to reach the selector. If this does at a reasonable price point it could be a hit, even if it is less than classically styled.
    I will stick with ambi picto lowers, though the selector detent spring could use lightening. My hands are big enough that I don’t need the HK ESSL, but if an extended safety desired, HK makes one. You could also just buy a Navy profile SEF lower and use the Magpul selectors if you want the ability to reach the selector.

The MP lower just looks like an M4 stock on an AK to me. Function over form and all, but this is one place where I just can’t deviate from classical.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 06-24-20 at 21:02.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast