Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownell‘s pushing “new“ Magpul MP5 furniture.

Feedback Score
    Away sooner, are you still using the stock zenith lower?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I just wish they’d develop a magazine. $75 a pop is a lot to think about when contemplating buying a firearm you’ve always wanted since watching Diehard for the first time as a kid.
    That company that makes all the knock off clear mags. ETA? Makes MP5 mags for $30 ish. Worked fine for me, just the super strong spring made loading them a bitch.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Away sooner, are you still using the stock zenith lower?
    No sitting somewhere in the garage.
    Last edited by AwaySooner; 06-25-20 at 18:07.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Yuck. Those magpul single rear pin hk lowers are so ugly. No way that’s going on any of my MP5s. Also, I wouldn’t get excited about the PSA mp5 cline. I’d wager it will be a total turd with lots of teething issues.
    BAHAHAHAHA Josh, you crack me up. You are too much of a purist for your own good.

I did buy one along with a US made trigger group from RTGParts. Magpul’s trigger housing and safety works like a charm with a SEF trigger pack. Much better ergonomics. I actually think it looks cool. Now I just need a darn KAC optic mount for the KAC rail I bought. I’ll post a pic when I get a chance.

Edited to add: I did all this crap for 922R compliance for my SP5 SBR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    BAHAHAHAHA Josh, you crack me up. You are too much of a purist for your own good.

I did buy one along with a US made trigger group from RTGParts. Magpul’s trigger housing and safety works like a charm with a SEF trigger pack. Much better ergonomics. I actually think it looks cool. Now I just need a darn KAC optic mount for the KAC rail I bought. I’ll post a pic when I get a chance.

Edited to add: I did all this crap for 922R compliance for my SP5 SBR
    Uh, bro. The purchase contract you signed in buying my SP5K specifically notes that you will forfeit said firearm to me without reimbursement if you attach any funky accessories that are not worthy of said Germanic perfection.

Seriously though, I like the selectors. But the housing is too ugly to use on a German roller delay blowback. Plus you’re trading a German ambi lower for a SEF. Find another compliance part if you’re trying to stay safe re: 922(r).

I love just about everything magpul makes with the exception of their hk lower.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 06-29-20 at 18:04.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I just wish they’d develop a magazine. $75 a pop is a lot to think about when contemplating buying a firearm you’ve always wanted since watching Diehard for the first time as a kid.
    Lol $75 for a mag is nothing for a gun that costs $3,000 (before the stock, tax stamp, etc)

First rule of HK - Don’t be cheap!

ETA: Magpul on an MP5 is heresy.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 06-29-20 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Lol $75 for a mag is nothing for a gun that costs $3,000 (before the stock, tax stamp, etc)

First rule of HK - Don’t be cheap!

ETA: Magpul on an MP5 is heresy.

Exactly....... if you can't afford to have at least 20 HK magazines PER gun then you shouldn't have the gun.

It is like people buying a Ferrari and not being able to afford the gas....... LAME
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Uh, bro. The purchase contract you signed in buying my SP5K specifically notes that you will forfeit said firearm to me without reimbursement if you attach any funky accessories that are not worthy of said Germanic perfection.

Seriously though, I like the selectors. But the housing is too ugly to use on a German roller delay blowback. Plus you’re trading a German ambi lower for a SEF. Find another compliance part if you’re trying to stay safe re: 922(r).

I love just about everything magpul makes with the exception of their hk lower.
    BAHAHAHAHA. The SP5K is still all Germanized minus a US trigger group (4 parts), handguard/VFG (1 part) and cocking handle. I did this to the SP5 I bought.

Look, just try it out. You’ll be impressed. It feels better than the Navy, and you will forget all about using a SEF trigger group.

Feedback Score
    6BEC4FC8-DEA5-44F7-A472-13F94158B656.jpeg

I think it looks nice with the Knight’s RAS. The grip is more ergonomic and vertical than the Navy lower. Safety is easier to manipulate. What is there not to love?

I will say the RTG Parts trigger group is a little bit on the heavy side. I’ll give it 500-1000 rounds to break it in and see what happens. I may buy a Zenith SEF pack, as the Z5 rifle I bought and sold in 2018 had a much nicer trigger pull. I believe they sell one with mostly 4 US parts.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

First rule of HK - Don’t be cheap.
    Yeah I know. Pay to play and that but damn a guy can dream.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast