Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: US Air Force and the M18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Interrupt View Post
    "The new M18 costs the Air Force about 1/3 of what it would cost us to buy an M9 today."
    And probably works about 1/3 as well, too.
    The M17/18 is not equivalent to the balance of the 320 line and its many variations and production standards.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Interrupt View Post
    "The new M18 costs the Air Force about 1/3 of what it would cost us to buy an M9 today."

And probably works about 1/3 as well, too.
    No experience with the M17/18, but have experience with the M9. From my experience if the M17/18 works at all it will be better than the M9. Majority of the M9s I shot or handled were worn out and should have been scraped years ago.

Feedback Score
    "worn out and should have been scraped years ago"

Or maybe should have had the recommended maintenance. Beretta recommends spring changes and locking block changes for a reason. Does the dotMil actually keep track of rounds fired?

But the M17 and 18 are fine new pistols and they will be around for a long time. Now, if only the M11s would be sold as surplus . . .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I laughed so hard at the "Wont work as well as the M9" comment.

My M9 was worn out worse than a 40 year old stripper in vegas. Like every gun I have ever owned and then sold for not being reliable; was MORE reliable than my M9. If that thing could do 2 mags without a stoppage it would have been a good day qualifying.

In my opinion as someone who actually carried the M9;

This new M18 is gonna be great because:

"It's brand new"

AND

It has a bottom rail!!! Now cops that work nights have the option of a weapon light. Literally a game changer when your 9mm is the only gun you got.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m glad my peeps are getting new M18s. They deserve them, our M9s are clapped-out beyond belief. In this airman’s opinion either is a fine pistol if it’s working properly and you have it when you need it.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 06-27-20 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    Replacing the M9 alone is a win. Replacing it with the M18 makes it even better. The only downside is you can't use it as a club, like the M9, when you run out of ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

It has a bottom rail!!! Now cops that work nights have the option of a weapon light. Literally a game changer when your 9mm is the only gun you got.
    That option on handguns has been out for over a decade now.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m not a 320 fan, in fact I’m a Beretta fan, but if this thing works and is safe, its a better match for Big Blue than the M9. Especially worn out rattletraps. I mean, a G19 would have been the easy button for all of DoD, but whatever.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’m not a 320 fan, in fact I’m a Beretta fan, but if this thing works and is safe, its a better match for Big Blue than the M9. Especially worn out rattletraps. I mean, a G19 would have been the easy button for all of DoD, but whatever.
    It works, its safe, and no, the G19 would not have been the easy button at all.

Glock lost, over and done with, it's time we all moved on. Besides, wars and gunfights aren't ever determined by what secondary is being carried, especially for a role so anemic to begin with.
    Last edited by FightinQ; 06-28-20 at 22:19.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    It works, its safe, and no, the G19 would not have been the easy button at all.

Glock lost, over and done with, it's time we all moved on. Besides, wars and gunfights aren't ever determined by what secondary is being carried, especially for a role so anemic to begin with.
    Wars no, lives maybe. Why wouldn’t have Glock been the easy button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast