Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ P01 Light Primer Strikes help

Feedback Score

CZ P01 Light Primer Strikes help

Looking for some feedback on what to check for on the gun . Gun is a CZ P01 that has the CGW Pro Carry package installed by CGW . I had just under 500 rounds through it before it was sent to CGW for the upgrade . Got it back and went through my 500 rounds test with no failures before I started carrying it . So , at that point , I had a little over 1,000 rounds through the gun .

Last week , went to the range for some drills and took Blazer , IMI and Lawman ammo .... all 124 grain except the Blazer . That stuff was in the back of the closet and I just wanted it gone .

Went through about half a box of the blazer and had fired about 4 rounds+/- and on the next , just a click . DA/SA Gun , so I pulled the trigger again and click . Ejected the round and tried again and the next one also went click , not bang . Ejected that round and the rest of the mag went through with no problem.

Ok , changed magazines and had the same problem . Changed to Lawman and had one FTF . Again , rest of the mag ran ok after that one FTF . At that point , I switched to my P365XL for the rest of the session . All FTF rounds showed very slight primer strikes , but not as deep as the rounds that fired .

Called CGW and they gave me several things to check ( correct springs etc ) and they checked out . However , when I pulled the firing pin out , it came out very wet as was the channel and FP spring . So far , I`ve detail cleaned the gun , removed all lube and re lubed it back with minimal lube ( Wilson Combat handgun lube , was using Lucas before ) and firing pin dry as is the FP channel .

I haven`t been back to the range yet to see if the problem is still there , but I didn`t see anything obvious that would cause the FTF issue .

So , looking for suggestions on anything else I should look for . CGW has been very helpful in giving me help , but the more insights I can get , the better off I should be .

Feedback Score
    The Cajun kit reduces the power of the hammer striking the primer. Combine that with oil in the firing pin channel, it isn’t surprising the pin didn’t strike with enough force. Clean and dry the firing pin channel and your problems should go away, if not, perhaps you’ll need a heavier spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That`s what I`m hoping the problem is ..... but I never seem to have problems with simple solutions . Back when I was running circle track , I had things break that no one else ever did .

Just seemed strange as I had over 1,0000 rounds through it with no problems and then this .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Likely the wet channel. Their package has an extended firing pin and light FPS, and I have that in my p01 and it fires Wolf 100%. Of course I use the 15 Lb spring.

Feedback Score
    Update .... went to the range this morning and went through about 3/4 box of Lawman 124 gr and had a FTF on about the 4th round in the mag after about 30 rounds . Looked at the round and a definite light primer strike .
    Talked to CGW and the gun`s going back to them for evaluation .
    On the bright side , got to use the rest of the ammo on my P365 XL ...... zero issues .

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    63Q, if you get a chance drop a pencil, eraser end entering first into the barrel and point up. Drop hammer and observe how much of pencil moves out of barrel. A weak primer strike will correlate with very little pencil movement compared to a solid hit on the primer, which the pencil eraser is substituting for.

Mark

Feedback Score
    Mark , the problem is that the light primer strikes don`t happen on every round . I`ll get through maybe one or two mags with no problem and then two FYF in a row . Eject the rounds and then it`s gtg for a while .
    It leaves Monday for the CGW guys to figure out .

Feedback Score
    CZ and CGW's both recommend no less than a 15 lb. "Hammer spring" to assure reliability in their "kit's" ( I think). It may be as simple as dropping in a heavier spring.
    "A Wise Man Changes his Mind, but a Fool Never Does."

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Ditto heavier hammer/mainspring.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Which hammer spring did they install the blue or black?

IIRC, the black is the comp model and when I had used that in the past it left me with some random sessions of light strikes.

I swapped back to the blue, which is more of a duty/carry spring and it cleared up any issues I had.

The DA pull is a little heavier, but worth the added reliability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast