Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black Hills 87 Gr Barnes 556?

Feedback Score
    Very interested as well.

Agreed! Molon's test threads were incredible. I still reference them often.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I just don't have the patience. I can't stand shooting a 10 round group. He's more thorough than I'm wired to be.
    Challenge accepted. His ten shot groups and the argument for is my standard when I try out new ammo or load develop.

Maybe we should talk in private and arrange a meet up somewhere and make a day of it. Fall is much cooler, too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    Challenge accepted. His ten shot groups and the argument for is my standard when I try out new ammo or load develop.

Maybe we should talk in private and arrange a meet up somewhere and make a day of it. Fall is much cooler, too.
    That's the other thing... the heat. Trying to stack 10 holes when you're cooking? yuck!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm splitting a case with a buddy, so range report to follow.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-27-20 at 19:58.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Where did you see this ammo? I don't even know where my buddy got it because this was all thru text.
    Mark-
    Im trying to remember, but for the last two months Ive searched so many ammo sellers & ads I cant remember for sure, but for some reason MIDWAY sticks out in my mind. I am most likely wrong. I remember them talking about how it does fit in G.I. spec mags & Pmags.
    If yall locate a source please PM me!
    Im currently working 6-7 days a week, have been since March..so im not shooting now, just gathering as much LR/Match/Sniper type ammo as I can afford for my 20" precision gun Ive not fired yet.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I'm splitting a case with a buddy, so range report to follow. Got a little background, this was military offering that got left at a training facility when they didn't shoot it all up and was considered a LR round. We'll see.

PB
    Will yall be chronoing this ammo PB?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    This may be your bullet Mark; "Barnes 5.56mm 85 Grain OTM"-

https://www.lightfighter.net/topic/r...m-85-grain-otm
    Markm-
    I believe this is what I was looking at...not the 87gr load you are talking about. Sorry for the mistake sir.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Here's a pic of the bullet. (from our buddy) Weighs in at 87.2 grains. 24.2 grains of ball powder behind it.

Supposed to be ammo used for a long range training deal.
    Last edited by markm; 06-27-20 at 20:28.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Will yall be chronoing this ammo PB?
    We will def be chrono-ing the round. I couldn't get my hands on for this Sunday, but next for sure. My buddy that I'm buying it from will probably chrono it about right now, so we might have data sooner.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    deleted

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast