Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mec-Gar magazines for CZs

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sig magazines are made by them too.

Feedback Score
    Another happy Greg Cotte and Mec Gar customer here. Buy with confidence.

Feedback Score
    Some SIG mags are MecGar, for both the 320 series and the 365. My 'coupon' magazine for a recently purchased 365 was Italian made; the rest are domestic.
    But MecGar makes great stuff; a great guy on another forum said that magazines were equal parts art and science, and MecGar had that all figured out.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had MecGar 15 rounders when I was in NJ (spent time in PA when it went to 10 rounds prior to moving), sold them... and now have MecGar 17 rounders up in ME. Always been good to go.

Bought most from Greg Cote. Very good guy to deal with and great pricing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    MecGar is the way to go when it comes to spare CZ magazines. As stated by others, they are/is the oem magazine supplier for CZ and are of excellent quality.

Back when I owned a CZ 85 combat (I totally regret selling it to this day) it had come with two 10 round magazines (I live in NJ) and the quality on the factory supplied neutered magazines were junk. I went to my LGS at the time and purchased a pair of MecGar 15rd mags for the pistol (back when NJ still allowed 15rd mags) and the quality of them blew the oem supplied 10rd mags out of the water. I still question if the neutered 10rd mags supplied with the gun were even made my MecGar to this day. They just didn’t seem like MecGar quality, they didn’t have any manufacturer markings on them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    types', that is interesting. I've one 10 round mag for an M9/92, and it was neutered by stamping a deep indent in the mag body, to block full travel of the follower. Have to dig it out, and suspect it was MecGar.
    Not even sure where it came from or why I have it..., but it appears nicely made.
    BTW, did you know 92 mags will still work, after backing a Jeep over them on a hard road? No need to ask how I came by that information.....
    Moon

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I've also used Mec-Gar mags for 3rd Gen Smiths, legacy Sigs and Hi-Powers, all 100%. As others have stated they are an OEM supplier to several firearms manufacturers.
    https://mec-gar.com/oem/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    They are so good that many manufacturers simply contract with them; cheaper and less trouble.
    Reputedly, they know how good they are, and are a pretty independent lot.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    types', that is interesting. I've one 10 round mag for an M9/92, and it was neutered by stamping a deep indent in the mag body, to block full travel of the follower. Have to dig it out, and suspect it was MecGar.
    Not even sure where it came from or why I have it..., but it appears nicely made.
    BTW, did you know 92 mags will still work, after backing a Jeep over them on a hard road? No need to ask how I came by that information.....
    Moon
    The pair of 10rd mags that came with my old CZ were the same way, really deep indents stamped into the body to limit the follower going down further. The base of the magazine also had a big indent in it where the 15 rounder mags had a flat base. I think I still have the old 10rd mags somewhere in a parts bin, I’ll have to check the stampings on them. I just remember the metal on them being really thin and having an extremely cheap feeling and looking either e-coat or powder coat on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    types', the perils of trusting memory. First, my 92 mags are nicely made, and are Italian.
    The 10 rounder is a different deal; both the 10 and 15 have the deep indents to limit follower travel, but the 10 has become a single stack, with deep grooves on both sides to limit capacity.
    Moon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123