Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR Match Triggers?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AR Match Triggers?

Which match trigger is the most reliable? Which gives the best trigger feel? Is the KAC still the industry best?
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    I have been hearing good things about Geissele triggers haven't tried one myself but everyone I know that has one loves them.

Feedback Score
    From the head of the AMU

The US Army Marksmanship Unit has begun technical inspections of the 3rd Infantry Division's 275 M16A4 Designated Marksman Rifles now that they have returned from Iraq and have enjoyed their 30-day leave.

The results will surprise the Army -- on the GOOD side.

Our inspections are again showing that the Knight trigger has enough durability issues (even though it is a very low density National Stock Number item) that the Geissele trigger may indeed be the way forward in the evolution of the Army's M16A4 DM Rifle.

Not to go into too many details until we get a look at the other 3/4s of the rifles, but the red Lock-tite we used on the screws held in all instances. On first report for this batch of rifles, either the Knight trigger's metallurgy or surface hardening is its weak area.
    The Geissele is leaps and bounds a better trigger than the KAC. If you find someone who has owned both, they will probably agree.

Feedback Score
    Where does one procure one of these Geissele triggers?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport
    Where does one procure one of these Geissele triggers?

I have them in stock. I would agree with Steve that the Geissele is the best trigger available. Next in line is the KAC IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    I have them in stock. I would agree with Steve that the Geissele is the best trigger available. Next in line is the KAC IMHO.

C4
    So they're relatively easy to get? Not something that is routinely backordered? What's the MAP?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport
    So they're relatively easy to get? Not something that is routinely backordered? What's the MAP?
    They were backordered until just recently. Everybody sells them for about $280, which I think is a little less than the KAC.

Geissele is coming out with a non adjustable two stage later this year (set at 2.5/1.5 pounds), which will apparently retail for $150 or so.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brasidas
    Geissele is coming out with a non adjustable two stage later this year (set at 2.5/1.5 pounds), which will apparently retail for $150 or so.
    That sounds a little light for my tastes.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    That's a two stage trigger for a combined weight of 4 lbs. Mr G. posted that they will be adjustable by an armoroer during installation, but they wouldn't be user adjustable. Not sure how that would work, but that's what he said. I suppose if you wanted to bump it up to 5 - 6 lbs that could be accomplished.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    From the head of the AMU

The Geissele is leaps and bounds a better trigger than the KAC. If you find someone who has owned both, they will probably agree.
    I own both (and a few others) and the Geissele is the best IMHO. I'm looking forward to their large pin version for Colts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast