Thread: New Guy from NY

Feedback Score

New Guy from NY

Greeting all. I'm new around here, and fairly new to the AR platform. I have always been interested in shooting as a hobby, and went a few times last year with a buddy that owns 2 AR-15's. When I started reading online about the AWB that *may* be put into place, I figured no better time then now to get one of my own. Not really a panic buy, as I had been wanting one for along time, just figured I might as well get it while I can.

Anyway, I picked up my Bushmaster M4A3 about two weeks ago now. Only had it out once (can't find ammo anywhere around here), but absolutely love it. Shoots really smooth and fits me well.

Figured I'd introduce myself here, before I start asking alot of silly questions.

-Chris

Feedback Score
    Welcome to the forum!
    Help our snipers in the war by donating please
    http://www.americansnipers.org/index.html

Feedback Score
    I am also all shiny and new. Welcome.

I love my Bushmaster. Hope you enjoy yours. Just wish I had more ammo!!

dog

Feedback Score
    Welcome .223. Wallymart usually has 1 or two flavors of .223 on hand.

Feedback Score
    Welcome to the forum. There is ammo out there. Drop me an email thru my profile , if you need a little info'.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Welcome.

Where in NY are you that you can't find ammo?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I am on Long Island, and had been to two stores (LISC and T&T) and couldn't find any ammo. In fact, the I asked the guy at LISC and he laughed at me. But I believe I was a little quick to jump the gun. I went to Dick's before and picked up a 50 pack of Remmington FMJ's for $30, and placed an order last night online for 500 rds, so I'll be good to go for awhile.

Only problem I now have is a lack of magazines (which Santa is bringing me some Pre-Ban's...stupid NY), and my rifle is to short for the safe I bought. But hey, that's the little stuff

-Chris

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you are out in suffolk. American Outdoor sports in farmingdale has ammo, amd walmart and dicks always have it too. I am in nassau and have a store i prefer to use there in mineola on jericho. I used to purchase most of my ammo online pm me and i'll give you the site. It is in nj and all shipping charges are included. prices have gone up but they are still reasonable.

-Mike.
    "In each of us two natures are at war - the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer. But in our own hands lies the power to choose, what we want most to be, we are."

Feedback Score
    welcome , i usually buy ammo in bulk for that reason . most places are either hit or miss with the ammo . try the hunting shack on line .