Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington headed for Chapter 11?

Feedback Score
    I'd love to see Remington M4s in the hands of our enemies.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I'd love to see Remington M4s in the hands of our enemies.
    Imagine the postwar gunshops, each with a barrel of "old captured remington M4s" for $89.... to hang over the fireplace and tell the grandkids how you were there for the great boogaloo and how that dirty commies' teeth prints are still visible on the butt plate.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Tommy Milner destroyed Remington in the early 2000’s, blame him for where they are now. After he screwed up Remington, he got on with Cabela’s and screwed them up too. He’s a weasely piece of shit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Tommy Milner destroyed Remington in the early 2000’s, blame him for where they are now. After he screwed up Remington, he got on with Cabela’s and screwed them up too. He’s a weasely piece of shit.
    I worked for Cabelas for three years after I graduated college. It was a shitty place to work. They cheated people out of pay, we had to push the company credit cards harder than timeshare salesmen, and under Milner, pretty much all employee benefits and discounts were completely eliminated, replaced with the message that "the economy is bad, and your benefit is actually having a job."
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Don't forget, the white liberal cadre of holier (and certainly smarter than) thou's at the Bureau of Indian Affairs in DC have a great deal of control and influence over these things. I recall the Hopi working with a greeting card company to develop a facility on the res. Badly needed jobs and income were determined by the BIA to be detrimental to the the best interests of the tribe.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Don't forget, the white liberal cadre of holier (and certainly smarter than) thou's at the Bureau of Indian Affairs in DC have a great deal of control and influence over these things. I recall the Hopi working with a greeting card company to develop a facility on the res. Badly needed jobs and income were determined by the BIA to be detrimental to the the best interests of the tribe.
    The BIA is the most racist organization in the U.S. Gov't. My first career was in land surveying. In Alaska, Alaskan Natives in many areas received parcels of land under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. The caveat was that the owners of those parcels couldn't sell or subdivide those parcels without the permission of the BIA. It took us five years to get permission to subdivided a 40 acre parcel into four ten acre parcels for the owner's sons. The owner was an Alaskan state senator even. I actually had a BIA guy look me in the eye and tell me that their involvement was for the "protection" of the Native peoples. It was quite obvious that he held the Native people of Alaska as less than equals. The guy requesting the subdivision was a damn college graduate with a masters.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    A relative opened a technology factory on the Rosebud Sioux reservation that dealt with various defense related contracts. Federal aquisition rules make this a license to print money if you deliver quality products on time and comply with the contractual requirements. The tribal leadership fired her because she would not hire their family members and pay them when they did not come to work. The very successful factory closed in less than a year. Goodbye to the jobs and money the business contributed to the reservation.

It's not just the BIA

Andy

Feedback Score
    The Sioux are a particularly self destructive group. We’re both in the Black Hills, we both see tribal members and their issues regularly.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    The Sioux are a particularly self destructive group. We’re both in the Black Hills, we both see tribal members and their issues regularly.
    We once lived where AIM took over the pork plant. We've seen it and lived among it. Lots of "why would you choose to live this way" moments.
    Choices, choices, choices

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It takes a special kind of business leader to fail in a market that has y-o-y record growth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast