Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to resume civilian sales

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I might pick one up but I'm going to wait to make sure it's not some lower grade variant. (e.g. Expanse / Colt Competition.)
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steeltoe View Post
    Bailed when the heat was on and back in time for the election panic buy. Savvy.
    IMHO, you are 100% correct, and the reality is they have been a dying company for some time now and living on borrowed time. It will most likely be too little to late for them, especially if the village idiot, airhead Joe B. gets elected president.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Why would anyone with a choice go with carbine gas on a 16" barrel when mid has proven to be so much better?
    Proven by who and by what metric?

I've been using 16" Colt carbines since they had a front takedown screw, .170" FCG pins, and a sear block.
    NEVER any issue with anything pertaining to the gas port location.

I've also had midlengths since they were built to be ran a 3.0oz buffer, mil-spec spring, and 5.56 ammo. Those days are long gone and whatever the midlength brought to the table then, has been obliterated by the enhanced spring, heavy buffer, .223/steel case idiots.

The mid was an answer to a problem brought about by second rate commercial AR manufacturers and old rifle technology that had not evolved into the carbine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    It wasn’t a “we hate the second amendment” play, it was a “you idiots keep buying $350 PSAs and we won’t drop quality to compete.” Colt 6920s were literally $700 and collecting dust 18 months ago. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't get how some folks don't get that business is business. I think the mistake a lot of folks make is that Colt ownership and upper management could give two shakes worth about gun owners, other than as a market, they are in it to make money, and, probably, if the factories could cheaply be repurposed to making washing machines at more profit, that is the direction they would go.

I get the union labor thing, but, pretty sure it wasn't a matter of making money if they were to compete, it was a matter of not making enough money if they choose to compete.

It's not like back in the day when gas stations had gas wars, trying to attract market share of a pretty much infinite demand, AR buyers are a finite group and once demand is met, prices stagnate, and then drop.

Why would Colt want to accelerate the saturation the market for rifles with pitifully short hand guards, old school front sight posts and a not optimal gas system? Semi-sarcastic, but not totally, think about it.

Additionally, have you ever stopped to consider that if Colt started selling 6920's priced to compete with other mass-market producers, such as PSA, that it might reflect negatively on the price that they can bid the next .gov contract?

Bye-the-bye, when have you seen complete PSA's for $350?

TLR - I wouldn't get a Colt tattoo.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post

The mid was an answer to a problem brought about by second rate commercial AR manufacturers and old rifle technology that had not evolved into the carbine.
    NSWC Crane wishes they had confered with you first.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I don't get how some folks don't get that business is business. I think the mistake a lot of folks make is that Colt ownership and upper management could give two shakes worth about gun owners, other than as a market, they are in it to make money, and, probably, if the factories could cheaply be repurposed to making washing machines at more profit, that is the direction they would go.

I get the union labor thing, but, pretty sure it wasn't a matter of making money if they were to compete, it was a matter of not making enough money if they choose to compete.

It's not like back in the day when gas stations had gas wars, trying to attract market share of a pretty much infinite demand, AR buyers are a finite group and once demand is met, prices stagnate, and then drop.

Why would Colt want to accelerate the saturation the market for rifles with pitifully short hand guards, old school front sight posts and a not optimal gas system? Semi-sarcastic, but not totally, think about it.

Additionally, have you ever stopped to consider that if Colt started selling 6920's priced to compete with other mass-market producers, such as PSA, that it might reflect negatively on the price that they can bid the next .gov contract?

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

Christmas 2018 I ordered some for family for teaching their kids on. $129 complete lowers and $220 uppers. That was shipped. And they were hot garbage. So not a “complete” gun per se, but you catch my drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if they plan on resuming sales regarding the 901 MARC? Literally the only colt rifle I've ever been interested in and missed out when they were $1.2k...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I've been using 16" Colt carbines since they had a front takedown screw, .170" FCG pins, and a sear block.
    NEVER any issue with anything pertaining to the gas port location.

I've also had midlengths since they were built to be ran a 3.0oz buffer, mil-spec spring, and 5.56 ammo. Those days are long gone and whatever the midlength brought to the table then, has been obliterated by the enhanced spring, heavy buffer, .223/steel case idiots.

Do tell.

https://soldiersystems.net/2018/05/1...d-performance/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For their specific application it showed an improvement.

Their testing doesn't compare the typical commercial junk AR vs a Colt 6920.

And just to head off any future comments, there are about three AR manufacturers right now that I don't consider commercial junk.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For their specific application it showed an improvement.

Their testing doesn't compare the typical commercial junk AR vs a Colt 6920.

And just to head off any future comments, there are about three AR manufacturers right now that I don't consider commercial junk.
    Have any numbers to back up your claims at least?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast