Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to resume civilian sales

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I'm glad to hear it, it's not the first time they have stopped and re-started selling.

I need to pick up 2 carbines (one for my son who is about to PCS to Italy, and one for my youngest son to have as his own) perhaps one or both will be Colt.

Andy
    My goal is to buy both my sons a Colt before the year is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    F’ um ...I’m still a Colt fan, but abandoning civilian sales pissed me off.
    Bailed when the heat was on and back in time for the election panic buy. Savvy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Yes. Cancel culture. Surely the way to move forward.....or not.
    It's an interesting point. We can't just have companies like Dick's and NASCAR publicly spit in our face without consequences. Yet on the other hand it seems like to complete the task is basically nuking the whole world because it seems like there's hardly a square foot of soil not infested with the vermin, so then there's not much left. But we have to finally start biting back because we need to put an end to this crap. Universities, major companies, etc. do need to have the communism flushed out or burned out of them. We shouldn't still be dealing with the current problems. 2012 should have been the last of it.

To me, a gun company not being 100% pro gun and out loud pro gun owner, especially in its own home state that needs it the most, is unforgivable.
    Quote Originally Posted by steeltoe View Post
    Bailed when the heat was on and back in time for the election panic buy. Savvy.
    Savy, or slimy.
    Last edited by yellowfin; 06-27-20 at 10:13.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    They came back! Just in time for panic sales!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Yes. Cancel culture. Surely the way to move forward.....or not.

Nike lost 800 MILLION DOLLARS trying to placate the Left CANCEL CULTURE....Tell me how it doesnt work again? It absolutely DOES WORK if your goal is to create allies who will go to the mat for you!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Nike lost 800 MILLION DOLLARS trying to placate the Left CANCEL CULTURE....Tell me how it doesnt work again? It absolutely DOES WORK if your goal is to create allies who will go to the mat for you!
    Was that from direct sales or simply lack of ad revenue and what not from sports tanking?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Was that from direct sales or simply lack of ad revenue and what not from sports tanking?

They will of course blame it on Covid but have you tried to buy a set of weights in the last 6 months? People are working out more than ever! There is little doubt that Nike has "taken one for the Woke Team" ....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I don’t know about Nike but Colt couldn’t give away ARs. They cut back their production and fired a lot of union labor.

After years of struggle bus, they got a few new contracts.

They could either call back union labor to continue to build guns to sit in gun shops and collect dust or they could repurpose those lines for contract fulfillment. They chose the latter and said in the beginning, when market conditions change or the contracts were fulfilled, they would return to civilian sales.

It wasn’t a “we hate the second amendment” play, it was a “you idiots keep buying $350 PSAs and we won’t drop quality to compete.” Colt 6920s were literally $700 and collecting dust 18 months ago.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Didn't Target lose a ton of money from customers protesting a few years ago?

I'll be honest, I'd want to grab a few 6920s for the prices they dropped to for a while. If I could grab them in the $700 range, I would. It's no free-floated, master grade, space shuttle door gunner's item, but at half the price of those builds(often minimum) they are great.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 06-27-20 at 11:32.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast