Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to resume civilian sales

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Carbine gas 16" barrel works just fine
    Yeah. Don't seem to have any issues with mine.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Same here, my Colt 16” M4A1 contour barrel is just fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Christmas 2018 I ordered some for family for teaching their kids on. $129 complete lowers and $220 uppers. That was shipped. And they were hot garbage. So not a “complete” gun per se, but you catch my drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow! That is something I never saw, I probably would have tried one. I've bought a complete upper for under 200.00 and it worked okay.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Same here, my Colt 16” M4A1 contour barrel is just fine.
    I have a couple of carbine length uppers and they work fine. I have a bunch of mid-lengths and they work fine.

My problem is that in my experience I shoot better with more real-estate than the carbines offer.

Additionally, if you are using barricade/cover the expanse of unsupported barrel offers plenty of opportunity for deflection and more opportunity for exposure as you get into a position to use the barricade/cover for support. (I can solve those problems by rolling out to shoot, but lose the precision of a supported position.)

This is why I prefer 15" rails on 16" rifles.

Finally, in general, I think M4's look butt ugly with all that barrel sticking out there - but that is aesthetics, not practicality.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-27-20 at 18:48.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steeltoe View Post
    Bailed when the heat was on and back in time for the election panic buy. Savvy.
    Hey great Marketing Move !! This is gonna piss off all the guys on Gunbroker that have there 6920s for $1500+++ Bucks !! Really gonna piss off the guys that paid $1500+++ for a 6920 !!
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 06-27-20 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    I have an unfired 6960 CCU and an unfired M4A1 SOCOM "2013" model with the US Government marked lower. I will patiently sit on them (not like I don't have plenty of others to shoot!) and flip them when the time is right. Unfortunately that may be this November thru January 2021.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I don't get how some folks don't get that business is business. I think the mistake a lot of folks make is that Colt ownership and upper management could give two shakes worth about gun owners, other than as a market, they are in it to make money, and, probably, if the factories could cheaply be repurposed to making washing machines at more profit, that is the direction they would go.

I get the union labor thing, but, pretty sure it wasn't a matter of making money if they were to compete, it was a matter of not making enough money if they choose to compete.

It's not like back in the day when gas stations had gas wars, trying to attract market share of a pretty much infinite demand, AR buyers are a finite group and once demand is met, prices stagnate, and then drop.

Why would Colt want to accelerate the saturation the market for rifles with pitifully short hand guards, old school front sight posts and a not optimal gas system? Semi-sarcastic, but not totally, think about it.

Additionally, have you ever stopped to consider that if Colt started selling 6920's priced to compete with other mass-market producers, such as PSA, that it might reflect negatively on the price that they can bid the next .gov contract?

Bye-the-bye, when have you seen complete PSA's for $350?

TLR - I wouldn't get a Colt tattoo.
    Ive had a $350 PSA carbine unfired in my safe for about a year and a half. I bought it and one with a SS barrel, the SS one Ive shot a good bit. They got down too low not to try them at one point. The one I shoot seems built right and has been 100% reliable & accurate.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Why did it anger you so much? Should companies do things that costs them money to make people happy?

The decision was not financial it was political.

Quote Originally Posted by steeltoe View Post
    Bailed when the heat was on and back in time for the election panic buy. Savvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    They came back! Just in time for panic sales!
    Yep
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    The decision was not financial it was political.

Yep
    I’d you’re going to make the statement, provide some evidence.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast