Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Hills MK262 Mod 1 review from Small Arms Solutions.

Feedback Score

Black Hills MK262 Mod 1 review from Small Arms Solutions.

Really informative video, makes me want to buy the 460 round can of the stuff that Black Hills released. Just can’t find it in stock anywhere.

Feedback Score
    I saw this video today. Chris always does a great job with his videos. I am going to attempt to replicate this load as best I can with my reloading skills.

Feedback Score
    Interesting video. There is a good 262 clone thread in the reloading forum. I'm getting 2680 fps with a load I worked up from a 16 inch barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I saw this video today. Chris always does a great job with his videos. I am going to attempt to replicate this load as best I can with my reloading skills.
    There is a series of videos showing various attempts to clone Mk262.

Here is a link to the last video summarizing the best loads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eweaf2FHvk8

I'm currently running 23.8 and 24.0gr of 8208XBR in LC brass wit Rem 7-1/2 primers and Nosler 77gr OTMs for my clone load. It's getting 2,780fps from an 18" Mk12 Mod 1 with an SD of 10 at 23.8gr and the group tightens up a bit at 24.0gr. These are both over published maximums. Backing down to 22.9gr gave me 2,675fps and single digit SDs, but the groups were twice as big.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I dont reload so I am always on the lookout for good rounds i can purchase. The Imi razor core is supposed to be almost spot on as a clone. Has anyone tried it?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This load is remarkable. The velocity and accuracy are crazy for factory ammo. BH sent Mark a case at the same time a bought a bunch. And we were blown away. We still have a few cherished boxes. Their 69 grain TMK is also crazy good.

And Roscoe, that XBR is good stuff especially for seeking speed. Agreed.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-19-20 at 09:14.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I haven't pushed over book max. My wife shot a benched 100 yard, .987", 5 shot group from a heavy Rock river with it the other day. That barrel is averaging 1.31", I have a new LaRue pencil barrel averaging 1.30" and a BCM SS410 running 1.58". Many of these groups are shot from 1x6 and 1.25x4 LPVO's. A few on 9x or 15x. I'm using prepped, virgin LC, 77 gr. SMK and Remington 7.5's.

Midway lost a box of the Nosler 77's I'm hoping to receive soon and I have some of the cannelured version of the MK. I also have some new Starline 5.56 brass, has any one tried that? The cases are heavier then Lake City, so I'm going to probably back that off, we'll see.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have some, and I'll agree with the others. Jeff's crew did just an amazing job with this round, the consistency made my jaw drop.

It's one of those rounds like the Federal 8-pellet Flite Control load in 12 gauge. No matter what you put it in, it works amazingly well.

If you see it, buy it. You'll like it, and it's worth the money. I have a little under a 1000 rounds of it and the Mk 318 Mod 1 load stashed in my Very Bad Day ammo cans.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    I dont reload so I am always on the lookout for good rounds i can purchase. The Imi razor core is supposed to be almost spot on as a clone. Has anyone tried it?
    The RazorCore is neither as consistent or as accurate as the BHs 262 IME.
    Still a good cartridge, just not AS good.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Where/how can an average Joe get this ammo?
    And, price wise, how much can i expect?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast