Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difficulty finding Winchester Ranger ammo

Feedback Score

Difficulty finding Winchester Ranger ammo

Does anyone have a idea why Winchester Ranger ammunition, specifically their .45 acp ammo has not been available on any online retailers? I know the current scarcity of ammunition has a lot of premium self defense rounds on high demand, but I have been looking pretty regularly for Winchester Ranger 230 T-Series for at least two years and all vendors are not resupplying/stocking it. Is there any knowledge of Winchester discontinuing the ranger line?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And - try finding a case of Federal LE 133 00 anyplace:). Been on a bunch of waiting lists for several weeks!
    Good luck!!!!!

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBS90 View Post
    Does anyone have a idea why Winchester Ranger ammunition, specifically their .45 acp ammo has not been available on any online retailers? I know the current scarcity of ammunition has a lot of premium self defense rounds on high demand, but I have been looking pretty regularly for Winchester Ranger 230 T-Series for at least two years and all vendors are not resupplying/stocking it. Is there any knowledge of Winchester discontinuing the ranger line?
    I think they quit making the ranger t. It’s been replaced by the pdx1 if I’m not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I think they quit making the ranger t. It’s been replaced by the pdx1 if I’m not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Ranger T is still on their website. T series is part of the LE products. PDX1 is retail and is similar to Ranger Bonded.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I was speculating that the Ranger line was replaced by the PDX1 but wasn’t sure.

Feedback Score
    Looks like they introduced Ranger One at Shot Show 2019 but I haven't heard anything about it or seen it on shelves anywhere. The gun store our department uses said the Ranger (T Series) has been discontinued.

How much .45 are you looking to get? I might be able to source a box or two. Obviously long term you'll need to find a new round.

Feedback Score
    I have a good supply of Gold Dot 230 grain. It’s what my department is issued. I just personally believe the Ranger T-series is a great round especially in the 45 acp. The velocity of 230 Ranger vs 230 Gold Dot rounds seems to be approximately 100-120 FPS greater. I’ve done chronograph tests using my duty gun, Sig P227 with 230 grain Gold Dot and it was averaging 830 FPS. P227 with 230 Ranger T averaged over 920 FPS Then I tested my Glock 30 and Shield .45 using the 230 Gold Dot and they both rarely exceeded 800 FPS. The 230 grain Ranger T out of my G30 and Shield 45 was around 900 FPS per gun. So I just believe the standard pressure 230 Ranger T has better powder loading.
    Last edited by PureBS90; 07-02-20 at 10:16.

Feedback Score
    I hear ya. My place currently uses RA9T and RA45T and are transitioning to Critical Duty 135 +P (FBI load) and G19s, so I'm trying to hide as much Ranger ammo as possible for my 1911.

Feedback Score
    i have a case of Ranger T 230gr +P... i would sell it to you if you were close enough but you probably are not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast