Thread: Remington 700 VTR

Feedback Score

Remington 700 VTR

Anyone see any tangible benefit to the VTR's triangular barrel profile?

Last edited by Slater; 06-28-20 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I remember correctly it was supposed to make a stiffer light weight barrel.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The real advantage is it has a break. If you need a threaded barrel, its a no go.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I've seen a couple of these show up in classes at gunsmithing school. If you like it as-is, it is fine. But you can't do anything with it but chunk it. It didn't seem like the brake was all that effective at anything but increasing noise and making more spots to clean.

Feedback Score
    The break is annoying. But the barrel can be cut and threaded. The triangular shape does but weight.

Feedback Score
    I had one about 10 years ago when I first stated shooting long range. It was ok for what it was and the only thing I have left of that rifle is the action.

It did like the 168 SMK's and would group under .5

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have 22-250. I wasn't able to find a load it liked. It walked left to right about 2” @100yrds alternating shots. I was told it was the plastic stock and bedding issue and the barrel was too short for 22-250. It does look cool though.

Now I’m waiting on Hart to call for the action to install a new barrel and change calibers.