Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New cars are a joke

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    And boy, has Ford gone down the crapper fast!!!!!!
    My wife’s 1 year old SUV is on it’s THIRD ENGINE!!!!!!! Validates the old - Fix Or Repair Daily line. Dealer won’t buy the damn thing back!!!!!
    Brings a tear to the eyes of this ol Detroit boy

geezer john
    Is it a eco boost/ turbo?

Feedback Score
    2013 Tacoma 4x4, manual everything. I bought it new for $21,000. Today it has 21,000 miles. It should last a while as long as the frame doesn’t disintegrate.

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    My wife’s 1 year old SUV is on it’s THIRD ENGINE!!!!!!! Validates the old - Fix Or Repair Daily line. Dealer won’t buy the damn thing back!!!!!
    Brings a tear to the eyes of this ol Detroit boy

geezer john
    Factory buyback is done by Ford, not dealer. The dealer will be reluctant to do it, because it's a bunch of hassle and paperwork basically for free. You need to be talking directly to Ford Motor Company, not the dealership. They are two separate entities.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Picked up the 19 Colorado last week.
    Cooling system = fail. Heater core gurgles until up to temperature. Car play has glitched out multiple times. Found rust on rims behind wheel cover.
    Frame is paper thin and I seriously am concerned about how quickly it could rust through in my climate.

What ever happened to a simple pickup truck with a bench seat, manual transmission, beefy suspension and frame?? Shit I don’t even need AC.
    It AMAZES me that America STILL can NOT build a decent F#$King automobile. I worked at the local Chevy dealership for years as a kid 20 years back.... and learned first hand what complete shit chevy/ford/chrysler kick out.

I can remember as a kid in the 80s watching my Dad lose his shit on our shitty chevy AC delco garbage electronics. I'd rather get shot than spend money on American designed trash.

At least the 70s and earlier era vehicles you could fix yourself.

+1 on finding a Tacoma.
    Last edited by markm; 06-29-20 at 08:37.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I've purchased two new American made vehicles in the past 20 years, a Ford Expedition, till then only German/Japanese cars. The ford was a complete failure mechanically and had assorted issues of poor interior quality, traded after 3 months for Lexus GX460 that never had any issues. Maybe I had a bad experience, fast forward 1 year, Mustang GT convertible, same thing, mechanical/electrical issues, also drove like crap, two months later...gone. Replaced by Porsche which had one issue (covered by warranty ) in 5 years. Have never bought an American car since, nor will I ever. Yes, I know, you've had an f150 working non stop for 12 million miles or my chevy has 572,000 miles on only one oil change, etc. Sorry, GM, Ford, Chrysler all suck.
    Last edited by drsal; 06-29-20 at 08:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    US Army likes the Colorado lol

The Army's new infantry assault buggy will be based on the Chevy Colorado

https://taskandpurpose.com/military-...3lC3Zuukksv8lI

The vehicle is based off of the 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 midsize truck and leverages 90 percent commercial off-the-shelf parts. The parts include the Multimatic dual spool-valve dampers and Chevrolet Performance suspension components, according to a news release from GM Defense.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    That sounds like a lemon law case waiting to happen.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I’ve got a 2004 F150 FX4 and all I’ve spent on it was gas, tires, and routine maintenance.

Feedback Score
    I have 16 Sierra with the 5.3, no issues at all and I'm almost at 70k miles. My biggest complaint is the paint, stupid thin. I would have gotten the Tundra but I drive about an hour each day to work and the mpg is to low for me. Having said that, a Tundra will probably be my next purchase, the reliability is just better.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have no eureka moment to offer, everyone has their favorite vehicle and everyone has their absolute hatred for other vehicles. I have my own observation and opinion (everyone has that).

Recently we bought a new car and we've been very happy so far. It is a popular model and brand, one of the top selling vehicles. We bought it to replace a "lemon" that we bought to replace a great car that we totaled. We loved the car that got totaled so much that we bought a similar car by the same manufacturer. It was three years old with low miles when we bought it. We were cruising right along when all hell broke loose. The engine seized up and we were told that we needed a new engine. The new engine, repair and rental car was all free due to the major recall that they have on the certain engine in their line up. We found out that there are over 2 million cars being recalled. When we were waiting for our new engine, the dealer told me that there were 50+ other cars in their shop waiting for new engines. Even with the new engine the car never did run right for the next year, we took it back four times in 10 months for repairs. My wife lost confidence in it and we decided to shop for another car.

I did some research that took weeks. Every time I think I found a car that would suit us, there were recalls. I found out just about every manufacturers/models have some kind of recall, from something as minor as bad floor mats to major engine that catch on fire or stall. We looked at Japanese, Korean, American and European brands. We talked to independent mechanics. Most of them say that Toyota/Lexus and Honda have the least problem. Also that Ford used to be great until they load their cars/trucks with technologies. That there are lots of problems with GM. We asked friends and family. We eliminated a lot and ended with with the popular brand we have.

We also have a 20 year old Ford super SUV that never had any problem except for age. Our mechanic said that they don't build Ford tough like that anymore. It is our large item carrier and hauler. It doesn't have much electronic gizmo and sensors like our current model. I wish our new car would have less gadgets and thus cost a couple thousand less.

So do your research, serious research, don't let emotion or brand loyalty dictate what to buy. Just because you've owned three Fords/Chevy/Toyota, etc. in the last 30 years doesn't mean the next one will be troublefree.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast