Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New cars are a joke

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Just bought a new Toyota this year before they refreshed the line. Either buy new now or buy used, cars aint getting any cheaper. Prices will go up due to ever increasing emissions standards, increased safety standards and all the tech they're cramming in cars.

I purchased a relativity low tech model with mostly analog controls on purpose, I dont want a tablet crammed into my dash thats probably gonna break in 5 years that wont allow me to adjust the HVAC system when it goes.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    2013 Tacoma 4x4, manual everything. I bought it new for $21,000. Today it has 21,000 miles. It should last a while as long as the frame doesn’t disintegrate.
    Does that have the 22RE engine in it? If so, that thing is bullet proof. It should last you forever.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    American car companies are defenseless against the UAW. Blame them for vehicles made to a strict low budget, but then sold to the customer for ever increasing prices . . . . . . . . they’re all trying to pay their employees $80k / yr plus insurance and pension. To screw some bolts onto a chassis. For 20-30 years at least, they have been insurance and pension companies that occasionally see about producing a shitty vehicle.

Also, I agree. Toyota. But do as some have said: buy one with a frame that’s in good shape, and keep after the rust forming. Sand down to bare metal, paint, then hit it with Fluid Film. Annually.
    Last edited by Mozart; 06-29-20 at 18:59.

Feedback Score

New cars are a joke

Delete
    Last edited by teksid; 06-29-20 at 18:57. Reason: Delete

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Does that have the 22RE engine in it? If so, that thing is bullet proof. It should last you forever.
    I’d kill for that truck. Anything I looked at had 100k+ miles and over 15k. I paid 20k for new colorado

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    22RE was 1983-1995 models. That 2013 taco has a 1GRFE. Another great toyota engine.

I just sold a 2018 4runner 1GRFE with 250K on it that was in amazing shape and still going strong. Family grew and I needed more space, so a Sequioa was the way I had to go.

I would have taken that 1GRFE to 500K and beyond given the opportunity.

It’s too bad American auto company vehicles are a joke. Notice how I didn’t say “American made”?

The Colorado has a slew of problems with every gen. I would have jumped on one in a heartbeat had they made it well.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 06-29-20 at 23:26.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Sometimes Land Rovers are jokes. This one I bought brand new in June 1994 (built in March 1994). Just checked the odometer and it has 281,524 miles on it. Same engine, transmission, but it is a 5 speed. Replaced the clutch at 110,000 miles. Has a 3.9 Liter V8, 241 cubic inch aluminium block. Electronics on British vehicles are jokes. No cruise control in who knows how long...

Last edited by OH58D; 06-30-20 at 11:36.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Every company makes lemons, including TOYota. Labeling any company as crap or infallible is simply ignorant.

Yes, this has a twin turbo 3.5L that puts out 450 horsepower and 460 pound feet of torque. Wouldn't trade it for a V8 for all the Covid in China.

Gas - Oil - Filters and tires only. ETA: This hasn't been used as a Mall crawler either. Those lights are on there because it is used for serious off road use. Last fall took it out in fresh 32" of snow, the first time I actually HAD to use the rear locker and went through it like it wasn't even there. The snow was so deep it was being pushed over the hood and obstructing my vision after piling on the windshield. Short video of that drive below as well.

Last edited by HKGuns; 06-30-20 at 12:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Every company makes lemons, including TOYota. Gas - Oil - Filters and tires only. Labeling any company as crap or infallible is simply ignorant.

Yes, this has a twin turbo 3.5L that puts out 450 horsepower and 460 pound feet of torque. Wouldn't trade it for a V8 for all the Covid in China.
    My wife drives a 2014 SVT Raptor Crew Cab and it seems pretty spunky with that 6.2L Boss Engine.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    My wife drives a 2014 SVT Raptor Crew Cab and it seems pretty spunky with that 6.2L Boss Engine.
    Wanna race?
    Last edited by HKGuns; 06-30-20 at 11:56.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast