Thread: Experience with XS F8 Sights?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Experience with XS F8 Sights?

I've been test driving a Gen 2 CZ P10c for a couple thousand rounds and I'm happy (although somewhat surprised) to say that I really like it. I don't necessarily dislike the stock CZ night sights but I rolled 50 this year and the smallish front dot isn't optimal for my aging peepers......especially when moving, etc. I played with XS's Big Dots for a short period on a pistol in the distant past and although the front sight does hang out there like bulldog balls, I found myself vertically stringing some at distances over 15-20 yards and I never pursued them any further. I'm just curious if anybody has any experience with their F8 sight set. I was hoping these might bridge the distance gap a little more. I know some will say just transition to an RDS but that's not the direction I want to go.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have some F8's on a Glock 17. Good sights, to be honest very similar to any of the high contrast style of sights. Compared to my trijicon HD's, Ameriglo Bold or my Night Fision perfect dots, I can't see or "feel" any difference. The F8's do sit a fair bit higher than all the others.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a set that's moved around to several gen1-gen4 Glocks in 9mm and 40 and shot them quite a bit. My notes aren't handy, so the following is from memory:

The first thing that stands out is that they are visually much taller than most and resemble a suppressor sight or RDS backup more than normal pistol sights. The wide front sight has a large orange dot with tritium insert that's fast and easy to pick up on presentation. The rear is a plain, uncluttered view with a single tritium insert at 6:00. The notch is wide and the front sight drops in easily. The slopes on the sides of the tall rear lead to crisp 90 degree angles at the notch for precise sight alignment. The width of the front makes a precise sight picture tougher at distance or on smaller targets. I recall the height and width of the sights obscuring or completely covering a B8 at 20-25yds, and plates or B/C steel beyond that. There was some FS drag on the internal sight track of some holsters. The F8s came late to the game, behind several other high-vis variants. Overall, I think these are viable for a suppressor or BUIS option.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm still on the bubble with these. I may give them a try just for fun.

Feedback Score
    I have a set on a Walther PPS M2 (full disclosure, they were given to me by XS to try and post a review, which I can’t find anymore). They are easy to pick up and seem fast, though I haven’t checked with a timer. They are tall and the edges are sharp, which may or may not matter but I wish they were at least slightly dehorned for IWB carry comfort. I did notice a little more tendency for vertical stringing but I’ve got decades of experience with traditional 3 dot sights so it could be me. They seem to be high quality.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I actually ended up buying a set to try. I only have about 300 rounds behind them so far but I really like them. The front sight is definitely more easily acquired than the stock not sights. I've only shot them out to about 25 yards but I don't really feel like they're hurting me much if any at distance. They are taller than the standard sights but they don't seem particularly unorthodox in use. I've carried them IWB for a couple of days and haven't found them to be be uncomfortable. I'll continue to run them for a bit and see if anything changes. Happy 4th!