Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tech you like/love ?

Feedback Score
    Going wireless. I enjoy my Bluetooth headphones and music on my phone. Having grown up with the Sony Walkman tape player then portable CD player and all the problems and inconveniences associated with each of those make me really going completely wireless. Cords suck.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Glad you like yours, but I honestly hate smart phones. I hate that they're always listening to you, tracking you, essentially building a psych profile on you,
    Same here. I bought a flip video camera so we could film sterile gun videos (no meta data or whatever it's called)

I'd go back to my slider phone with a keyboard, but everyone else I know sends me shit that's non-compatible... so you're nearly forced into having a smart phone.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Same here. I bought a flip video camera so we could film sterile gun videos (no meta data or whatever it's called)

I'd go back to my slider phone with a keyboard, but everyone else I know sends me shit that's non-compatible... so you're nearly forced into having a smart phone.
    Yup. I got cajoled into it after my cheap phone died.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    I’d like to think that I can live easily without any tech at all, but that would be a lie.

iPhone. That’s the big one. 90% of my answer. But

I enjoy using my Anova Sous Vide device for cooking meats these days.

4K TV, nice selection of content to watch, Xbox One with Rainbow Six Seige.

I like my truck, my white-noise maker next to my bed, my bed itself (tempur-pedic), idk I guess that’s really about it? I like my MiM Fender Strat and P Bass (Player series) . . . . Decent instruments for the money.
    I eat mostly meat %90 carnivore and %10 keto so I sous vide everything all the time reckon 5 meals a week or so and then just use a torch to finish off
    not sure if you watch the sous vide everything guy on youtube (guga) great channel

finally did a pot roast (chuck) the other day 24 hours did a pre torch kinda reverse sear and then sous vide and WOW reminded me a lot of really good prime rib was not the typical pot roast texture but really good for a cheap cut

and soft boiled eggs are out of this world since the whites dont get so rubbery and creamy yolks

mine is the Joule so uses the smart phone the anova are top notch to might end up with one later since I use them quite a bit

my phone is still a older iPhone 6s+

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    I eat mostly meat %90 carnivore and %10 keto so I sous vide everything all the time reckon 5 meals a week or so and then just use a torch to finish off
    not sure if you watch the sous vide everything guy on youtube (guga) great channel

finally did a pot roast (chuck) the other day 24 hours did a pre torch kinda reverse sear and then sous vide and WOW reminded me a lot of really good prime rib was not the typical pot roast texture but really good for a cheap cut

and soft boiled eggs are out of this world since the whites dont get so rubbery and creamy yolks

mine is the Joule so uses the smart phone the anova are top notch to might end up with one later since I use them quite a bit

my phone is still a older iPhone 6s+
    Yeah I watch Guga. So far I’ve only done burgers, steaks and chicken sousvide.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’m 35 but pretty anti tech, always have been. I even use incandescent lightbulbs in my house. We have one TV in the house, a 32” on the fire place mantle.

However there are a few things I really like.

IPhone - email everywhere, internet browsing, weather app, tracker for my wife’s phone, banking apps, and map directions.
    Simply safe home security system.
    Streaming TV so we don’t need cable.

I wish the radio in my 4Runner was old school and not the touchscreen thing though. It already looks dated and glitchy from just 2014.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Yeah I watch Guga. So far I’ve only done burgers, steaks and chicken sousvide.
    Make smash burgers a lot so have not done burgers yet I am starting to do my own ground meat so learning/trying dif combos

Feedback Score
    I'm 34, my iPhone is the best piece of tech I own. I'm starting to think about replacing my MacBook Air with a new iPad Pro with the Magic Keyboard to make things even simpler. I currently have an iPhone XS but have had 2 others and a Blackberry Tour before that as my first "smartphone". I am forced to use an Android at work... not a fan.

My first career was in auto sales and I spent 6 years doing that in Washington with Subaru, Audi, and VW. I am fascinated by the advances in what has become known as Infotainment Systems in cars since I went into that field in 2010 and how drastically they can differ from companies like CDJR's Uconnect, Ford's Sync system, and others when put head to head with Audi, BMW, or even Subaru (who is known for being years behind for in-car tech). CD players used to be the hotness, now my Jeep doesn't even have one.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I wish the radio in my 4Runner was old school and not the touchscreen thing though. It already looks dated and glitchy from just 2014.
    Nah, that is a Toyota/Subaru thing. Their touchscreens and software, chassis, engines, and design are 3-4 years behind everyone else.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I’m 35 but pretty anti tech, always have been. I even use incandescent lightbulbs in my house. We have one TV in the house, a 32” on the fire place mantle.

However there are a few things I really like.

IPhone - email everywhere, internet browsing, weather app, tracker for my wife’s phone, banking apps, and map directions.
    Simply safe home security system.
    Streaming TV so we don’t need cable.

Supposedly, they are de-luxurying the Land Cruiser to concentrate on off road capability and lowering cost. Hopefully this is true.

https://gearpatrol.com/2020/06/30/ne...undra-details/

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Millennial here. Used to love technology. Pretty much hate any new tech that has come out the past 15-20 years. I think I’d rather ride a horse at this point. Or give me a car with a distributor and no goofy computers.
    I am there too. Can't freeze "progress" and I feel like a great deal of it has passed me by.
    Open the pig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast