Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smith model 10 Wesson

Feedback Score
    Finally got a look at this gun; does look in lovely shape.
    I thot' Victory's got a bead blast or Parked finish?
    That one looks like Smith's bluing...not doubting it's a V, but maybe prewar production, diverted to the Military?
    I've a '97 Winchester, 20", marked 'full', almost certainly a sporting barrel whacked for defense plant use...it's a '42.
    For the OP and SIL, congrats, great catch.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It could be factory blued, but it's more likely that it has been refinished in its lifetime. Even if it's refinished, I'd be proud of it.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-10-20 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I never understood the U.S. military using the underpowered 38 Spl. ball. 130 grain FMJ at 700 FPS when the original black powder loads were 158 grain and 800. FPS. I think the military ammo was more of a problem than the Model 10 and 15 being 6 shots and slow to reload.

My bump in the night/CCW are 9mm, but my wife's home defense gun is a 5" M&P 38 Spl built in 1948.

Attachment 63936
    Nice M&P I have one of the same vintage with holster wear and beat up stocks, but the action is smooth as silk.

Feedback Score
    I have a C&R, and have toyed with the idea of a V model for years...while the prices crept up. Most examples I've seen were pretty rough.
    Been on a fixed sight K frame kick recently; mebbe time to get serious looking for a V.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    I have a C&R, and have toyed with the idea of a V model for years...while the prices crept up. Most examples I've seen were pretty rough.
    Been on a fixed sight K frame kick recently; mebbe time to get serious looking for a V.
    Moon

This one is definitely “pretty rough.” It sat in a local dealer’s case for many months, the price slowly ticking downward until I could no longer resist the temptation.

It’s a *very* fun gun.

Feedback Score
    K-frame snubs are pretty darn neat.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    This one is definitely “pretty rough.” It sat in a local dealer’s case for many months, the price slowly ticking downward until I could no longer resist the temptation.

It’s a *very* fun gun.

That’s not rough, that’s perfect!

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    A nickle Model 10 and a 64, both 2", have followed me home the last couple years. Always preferred Centennials for actual carry, but the K snubs feel good and look badass. There's a 'Roscoe' thing on Facebook that loves snubby revolvers.
    Much as I like Js, the bigger parts and more leverage 'slick up' better in the larger gun. Like Baby Bear's porridge, they are just right.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Same moon. The small step up from J, to snub K frame is a quantum leap in "shootability"/control in my hand.

Actually my favs are a couple mod 12's- alloy K frames. They're carried frequently, particularly in cold weather.
    Last edited by gaijin; 10-23-20 at 17:06.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I'm a fan of K Frame snubbies too, but 3" heavy barrel models are my favorite.
    Last edited by Black_Sheep; 10-23-20 at 17:53.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast