Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Smith model 10 Wesson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    One of my mod 12's.
    Spent way too much energy on this, in terms of use seen- but it was Winter, not much else happening.

-Double Action trigger work
    -Bobbed Hammer
    -Removed Trigger Serrations
    -Tyler "T-Grip"

I run (have a bunch) 135 gr. Speer "Short Barrel" in it/them.
    I know; "book 'em Dan-O", Right?

A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Love the 2" K Frames. I foolishly sold a 2" 1948 M&P, but I still have this 2" M15 I saved. Previous owner broke the front sight and half assed dremeled the hammer. Based on the finish, I also think he carried it around in a bucket of beach sand.

I sent it to Tripp Research years ago and they dovetailed a FO front sight, did a proper job finishing the hammer bob, and hard chromed it for me. Added the Altamont grips in the last couple of years. I've always liked the T- grip on my square framed revolvers.

158gr Federal +P Nyclads are my standard carry for it.

- Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Nice one.
    Virg did great work and his HC was excellent.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Good grief, the return of the Tyler T-grip. They were considered kinda funky and passe when I first started shooting fifty years ago, and now they have made a resurgence.
    The Tyler T-grip people will be happy to sell you one, and deliver it when they get around to it. I have one that took 11 months.
    But they are worth having, especially on a period piece.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Good grief, the return of the Tyler T-grip. They were considered kinda funky and passe when I first started shooting fifty years ago, and now they have made a resurgence.
    The Tyler T-grip people will be happy to sell you one, and deliver it when they get around to it. I have one that took 11 months.
    But they are worth having, especially on a period piece.
    Moon
    That ship time is, unfortunately, accurate.

I have usually resorted to secondary market if one is badly needed- within the next year.
    Additionally I had/have a number of them from obsessive revolver acquisitions.

Feedback Score
    gaijin, I scrounged one from a gun dealer, and have successfully ordered two others, but it has nothing in common with ordering something from Amazon.
    For newer guns, you're likely better served with something from Altamont, but the Tgrip is the deal for older pieces.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I too prefer the 3" K's. My only 3".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    gaijin, I scrounged one from a gun dealer, and have successfully ordered two others, but it has nothing in common with ordering something from Amazon.
    For newer guns, you're likely better served with something from Altamont, but the Tgrip is the deal for older pieces.
    Moon
    Just order an adapter from BK Grips. Same concept, different name. My last order arrived within four days of buying online.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by C-grunt; 10-27-20 at 23:14.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I was in USAF during the Jimmy Peanut era ( late 1970’s).
    I recall that in basic training we had only one day with a semi auto M16 with only 20 rounds to qualify. Later at the Spectator assignment at Grand Forks AFB, some of us were allowed to go to the base range and shoot what I recall as s&w model 10 4”.
    My point being that the Air Force was not a huge gun culture but we made up for that in nukes on hand.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast