Thread: Kel-Tec Sub 2000 G2 9mm. Kida WOW

Feedback Score

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 G2 9mm. Kida WOW

In a moment of supreme weakness almost two years ago, I gave into a 100% pure unadulterated impulse buy and bought a 9mm Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen 2 at a price I simply couldn't pass up. I inspected it, thought the gun itself was quite intriguing and a extremely innovative, and considering the cost, almost brilliant design and unequaled in terms of concealable firepower, but I felt the guns only weakness were the rather crude and rudimentary looking sights. I strongly felt they would be very unlikely to yield usable accuracy much beyond 50 yards at best. I gave it as through a cleaning as possible, oiled it and put it on my gun safe and forgot about it. No literally I forgot about it. My original reason to buy it was to take along on vacations as an extremely easy to pack and conceal added level of protection, as I don't fly unless absolutely necessary, but every time I went on vacation I had to leave it behind as I had not yet shot it to set and confirm zero.

My boys and I planned today a range day and while packing the night before I came across the folded Kel-Tec nestled in the back right corner of my safe and decided to finally try her out. Started at 25 yards for initial sight in using Fiocchi 115grn FMJ and first 5 shots from my Bald Eagle rest formed a nice group cluster just under 2" about 3" low but dead center to POA. Front sight adjusts exactly like a A1 sight so a few clicks and the next 5 shots resulted in a nice cluster again just under 2"

Moved to 50 yards and again was very surprised to find all five shots in the 3" black square I use for a target when shooting Military A1 style sights. Figured WTH give the hanging 10" steel plates a try at 100 yards and hit 7 out of ten tries. Moved a bit closer at 75 yards and went 10 for ten on the 8" steel plate. To say I am quite impressed with this little ungainly looking utilitarian carbine is a understatement quite substantial in proportion.

I absolutely and utterly love this little carbine. Using 33 and 17 round Glock OEM and Magpul mags fed it mixed FMJ ammo from Federal (115/124) Winchester (115/124) Fiocchi 115, Herters 115, Browning 147, Remington 115, CCI 115, Speer 115, and a few Speer 124 Gold Dots mixed with 124 Federal HST's along with mixed manufacturer FMJ's both 115 and 124 and after three 33 round mags and four 17 round mags for a total of 167 rounds I had not a single problem what so ever and was braking clay pigeons 9/10 and 10/10 at fifty yards with ease.

My Kal-Tec 2000 Gen 2 will now be my constant companion on all road trips when ever possible. It might not be for very one's tea cup, but a carbine with a 33 round capacity that weighs barely four pounds empty, folds down to less than 16.5" long, can easily fit in a medium sized back pack or be inconspicuously stored/carried in a computer or note book bag and can be uncased and deployed in mere moments and give you more than enough authority to get out of just about any potentially life threatening situation where removing yourself and or loved ones without confrontation is not possible.

In my opinion, nothing else in it's price range comes even close. Great little carbine for the price I paid can not say a bad word about it.
    Last edited by DMTJAGER; 06-29-20 at 21:01.