Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plainfield M1 Carbine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Plainfield M1 Carbine

Here's something I picked up recently. The gun has been refinished and had some rust pitting on the receiver bridge and slide handle. But it refinished fine and the overall color is nice and even. The bore is shiny and the bolt does not close on a Manson field gauge.

It had a funky 1960s wire stock on it when I bought it that I replaced with a walnut stock from Auto Ordnance.

Nothing unique, rare or extraordinary. But these are fun little guns just the same. With GI guns becoming more and more collectible it now seems the older commercial guns are coming into their own as workhorse/shooters.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Was the wire stock a Paratrooper folding stock?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Was the wire stock a Paratrooper folding stock?
    No. At least not in the USGI pattern.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That looks like an Enforcer stock. Unless you are getting in and out of vehicles with the carbine frequently, I don't see any advantages to it.

I like the standard wood stock for general use. It's light enough and short enough to be handy.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a Plainfield M1 it's a fun little gun. Makes me wish I had looked harder for a GI one while they were still resonable.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll give you $27 for that wire stock If you don't mind me asking how much did you have to give for that Auto Ordnance stock and where did you get it?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    how much did for that Auto Ordnance stock and where did you get it?
    Please see below.

I see the handguard is out of stock currently but the stock itself is available. It came complete with recoil lug, barrel band spring and butt plate.

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/fi...ly-mc082as.asp

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/fi...lnut-mc081.asp

Feedback Score
    Well thanks for starting this thread. I recently picked up a Plainfield M1 Carbine myself and in the process of doing a disassembly & lube, the cast aluminum trigger housing snapped off. The metal grain structure looked poor. I can't believe it took decades for that frail little housing to fail. Too bad it didn't come with a steel trigger housing.

My replacement trigger housing is wider at the rear than the original. It wouldn't fit into the original stock & required a lot of sanding. I like the look of your stock better & think I'll order one. I don't want to sand it to fit though.

Does your Auto-Ordinance stock have the multi beveled cuts at the rear of the trigger housing or is it straight cut?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post

Does your Auto-Ordinance stock have the multi beveled cuts at the rear of the trigger housing or is it straight cut?
    The A/O stock is beveled for the trigger housing so you'd have to modify it.

Kahr does have a cast steel housing for $40 that you could use. It is showing out of stock however.

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/fi...sing-mc025.asp

Feedback Score
    Stock ordered. I won't mess this one up when I sand on it. lol I'll get this one fitted professionally.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast