Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plainfield M1 Carbine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    Stock ordered. I won't mess this one up when I sand on it. lol I'll get this one fitted professionally.

Thanks!
    Let us know how it fits when you get it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    What a nice stock! If you don't want to ding up an heirloom or collectible stock then get one of these. I would order their trigger housing too if they had any in stock. I don't think I want to cut this stock. I'll look for another housing to match.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What a nice stock! If you don't want to ding up an heirloom or collectible stock then get one of these. I would order their trigger housing too if they had any in stock. I don't think I want to cut this stock. I'll look for another housing to match.
    Inland Mfg may have the trigger housing. I'm not sure how Kahr/AO and Inland are related. Is AO supplying parts to Inland for their own Carbines or are they both buying parts from the same manufacturing contractor?

Any fitment issues with the stock? How's it fit/line up with the handguard? Or have you not tried yet while you seek a new trigger housing?

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Inland Mfg may have the trigger housing. I'm not sure how Kahr/AO and Inland are related. Is AO supplying parts to Inland for their own Carbines or are they both buying parts from the same manufacturing contractor?

Any fitment issues with the stock? How's it fit/line up with the handguard? Or have you not tried yet while you seek a new trigger housing?

I'll check inland for a trigger housing, thanks!
    About KAHR Firearms Group: https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/ab...irearms-group/
    I'm not sure about parts being made where but can email their VP of sales. We've emailed back & forth about instructor discounts before. He mentioned some SKU# having long lead times right now. The stock and a couple of mags arrived relatively quickly.

Fitment: The action from my other NP M1 carbine drops into the AO stock perfectly. Handgaurd fits just fine. Sling/oiler slot is good. The stock has some very minor profile differences near the grip. Nothing to worry about. The only other things I can see is the action sits ~1/4" farther forward of my NP stock & the front barrel band wood is slightly thicker making it a tiny bit harder to get the front barrel band installed.

Overall, I'm very happy with it for the price. I'll find another "mil-spec" trigger housing for the Plainfield Machine M1 carbine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Overall, I'm very happy with it for the price. I'll find another "mil-spec" trigger housing for the Plainfield Machine M1 carbine.
    Got an email for the VP you can share? A PM is fine if you don't feel comfortable with posting it publicly.

Yes. The stock is a good value especially considering it comes with the metal. Only thing I wish is that the handguard was a four rivet. But that's a tiny complaint.

Edit to add a link to the Inland trigger housing. Note the same MC025 part number used by Kahr:

https://www.inland-mfg.com/MC025_Trigger_Housing.html

Last edited by Tokarev; 07-16-20 at 17:46.

Feedback Score
    PM sent

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I decided I didn't like the thin varnish/slightly glossy finish on my Kahr stock so I am going to try to stain and then oil it.

I soaked the stock and handguard in Citristrip for a couple hours then used steel wool and a scouring pad to scrub both parts. I then scrubbed them down with mineral spirits and finished by rinsing them in an old Coleman cooler I filled with water.

The stock is probably walnut. I'm not sure about the handguard. It came out very white. Almost looks like pine.

Once the parts have air dried I'll stain them with a mix of Minwax #231 Gun Stock, Dark Walnut and Jacobean. Hopefully the parts will more closely match once stained.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I sent a handguard back to Kahr, because the wood did not match the Auto Ordnance stock I had on my AOM130. They sent me a new handguard that more closely matches.

If you stripped the finish off the handguard, Kahr will most likely tell you they will not swap out handguards for you.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Turned out nice. I think it looks much better now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Auto Ordnance stock is a little funky in some dimensions.

It appears to me that Kahr pushed the action cut father forward in the stock. This means the length of pull is a tad longer but it also means that the handguard is shorter than a GI part. A GI handguard will probably not fit without quite a bit of modification.

The other thing is that the stock is thicker behind the pistol grip. GI stocks taper behind the pistol grip while the A/O stock does not. Not a big deal but it means a 15rd mag pouch won't fit.

Neither of these are a deal breaker for me and I think the stock (and handguard) were a good value especially considering the recoil plate and other parts are included. With that said, I'd probably spend a little more money next time and get a Minelli stock set from Numrich and add my own metal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast