Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple in MO being held as 2A heroes...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    But these people are INJURY attorneys, not criminal defense attorneys. They take the BLM cases etc...for purely personal, political reasons.

Like the giant corporate law firms that have offices on 7 continents who produce little of real value but market chaos which they arbitrage. They have a "social justice" project that tries to get the most murderous scum in the world off Death Row so they have something to talk about at press releases and cocktail parties...
    Bankruptcy attorneys are considered the low life's of that profession as well - they help people who overspend and can't control themselves financially get out of paying for credit cards and other bills they ran up. There must be a big demand for these ambulance chasing lawyers because they are advertising all the time on TV, and heading from Texas into Louisiana, I see billboards all over for these lawyers. A lawyer doesn't exist unless there is a victim, and the United States is full of victims it seems.

The McCloskeys of the world aren't the cause of our social decay, they are only a symptom of it. They're not the predator, they're the scavenger. To end it would mean people would have to stop thinking there are things to be gotten in life for free. I don't see that happening. And of that money to be gotten, the McCloskeys of the world only get 1/3rd. In our world, it's all about getting your piece of the action, no matter what it is.

We could also get into a discussion of TV Preachers...now they're the predators.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    But that's what lawyers do - they defend criminals and scum.
    True. I think some folks are conflating people and cases that attorneys are involved with and the personal life of attorneys.

I don't know these Trump and RNC supporters in St Louis... they may be horrible people, maybe not. That said, according the FEC they gave more money to Trump than I did in 2016, and they successfully defended their lives and property against an angry mob of hundreds which is one more angry mob than I have had to defend against. Beyond that, I'll defer to others who personally known them, and those experienced with singlehandedly fending off storming angry mobs. Anyone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    I work with one LEO who has explicitly stated the general public shouldn’t own AR15s, and he would gladly go confiscating them.
    Cool. On day one I hope he gets what’s coming to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I don't know MO law, but only charge that seems apparent might be brandishing? She was waving that thing around like it was a cell phone or something, and per OP, I found it truly cringeworthy to watch myself.
    Missouri is open carry and displaying a weapon when threatened and you can articulate you were in fear of physical harm of self or property is not brandishing. The fact they were in their own property makes their case stronger.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Missouri is open carry and displaying a weapon when threatened and you can articulate you were in fear of physical harm of self or property is not brandishing. The fact they were in their own property makes their case stronger.
    It seems really unlikely to me the charges stick (but we still don't know what they are), but that does not mean the DA can't make their lives miserable and cost them a lot of $ defending themselves, which is often the goal when/if they want to make an example of someone.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    So after the dust settled, the police showed up and arrested the rifle.

Previously, St Louis Circuit Atty. Kimberly Gardner stated explicitly they "will use the full power of Missouri law to hold people accountable." Meaning the McKulskeys, not the protestors.

Feedback Score
    Here's an interesting, but non-flattering, article from the St. Louis Dispatch. These people remind me of lower level robber barons from the late 19th Century - the ones who built various companies like Coca Cola or Post Cereal:

Portland Place couple who confronted protesters have a long history of not backing down

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...mpression=true
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It seems really unlikely to me the charges stick (but we still don't know what they are), but that does not mean the DA can't make their lives miserable and cost them a lot of $ defending themselves, which is often the goal when/if they want to make an example of someone.
    Yup. This DA needs taken down.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Here's an interesting, but non-flattering, article from the St. Louis Dispatch. These people remind me of lower level robber barons from the late 19th Century - the ones who built various companies like Coca Cola or Post Cereal:

Portland Place couple who confronted protesters have a long history of not backing down

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...mpression=true
    Even the most despicable people have rights, and the right to protect your home has been clear in western society far longer than the U.S. has existed. DA gonna lose hard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Even the most despicable people have rights, and the right to protect your home has been clear in western society far longer than the U.S. has existed. DA gonna lose hard.
    Of course they do. I don't know them, and it seems there is a question of whether they are Leftist cause supporters or Republican donors, I haven't researched. They're lawyers who live in huge mansion inside a gated, exclusive community. These factors are a turn-off for a lot of folks - I don't care. They could be despicable people and rotten citizens. There's lots of people like that in the Country. The fact is they pointed guns at other rotten people that I don't like. That's a plus for me.

This is a case where the Enemy of my Enemy isn't necessarily my Friend....but I wouldn't call them an Enemy either. Strange bedfellows in this wacky world.
    NRA Life Member

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast