Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple in MO being held as 2A heroes...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

I love whole "But they're not on 'our side' so they don't deserve our support" asshattery abounding here.
    This case is going to set precedent for the future; why the hell do you think they're pressing so hard on it?

Bluntly, this is why we keep getting rings run around us by the leftists; this is something I see constantly by "our side" when it comes to other 'issues' like the 1A and free speech. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone say they're ok with literal communists marching in the streets and spewing vile shit online because they 'deserve an opinion', and then flip over and condone "hateful" people being de-platformed, and are terrified lest some of them show up at a "good guy" rally or some other event and "make them look bad". It's ridiculous.

Much truth there. Too many standing on a puritanical litmus soapbox, and that goes all across the GOP spectrum from God to guns. Graham had to tell his flock to wise up, that focusing on Trump's history of womanizing is missing the issue at hand. Import that general message here.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 07-12-20 at 08:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Much truth there. Too many standing on a puritanical litmus soapbox, and that goes all across the GOP spectrum from God to guns. Graham had to his flock to wise up, that focusing on Trump's history of womanizing is missing the issue at hand. Import that general message here.
    So you support the AK wielding Marshal of CHOP? Because he has a gun too!!! That obviously makes him "one of us" and all about supporting our Second Amendment rights!!!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I did not see one person in this thread say they don't have rights, or defending their property was wrong.

I am glad the DA picked a pair of wealthy lawyers to falsely prosecute. Why? Because they can afford to fight and to fight is to win. The DA is a fool and the charges are idiotic. St Louis will end up settling with them in the lawsuit that follows and that settlement will pay for both their legal fees and their inconvenience. There is no way a blue collar couple could hope for the same outcome.

Andy
    Considering how sue happy those two appear to be, along with the factors you mentioned, I'd say the DA is gonna be in for a fight they will lose. I don't see those two backing down at all and enjoying the additional attention they will get.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Considering how sue happy those two appear to be, along with the factors you mentioned, I'd say the DA is gonna be in for a fight they will lose. I don't see those two backing down at all and enjoying the additional attention they will get.
    You describe my position exactly.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post

Communism should be illegal under Sedition and Treason laws. Communism, like radical Islamic beliefs, require the subversion and other throw of the current system of government. Despite the nature of founding, being revolutionary itself, there still has to be some legal protections in place to protect this government while we still have voting and the system works as the law states the system should. These people are international with the influence coming in from outside actors. If we had Nazi groups in 1941 attacking Federal buildings and doing what the US Antifa is doing right now they'd be hunted down in the streets and shot or captured and hung. People financially supporting DSA, CPUSA, WWP, Soros, et al should be facing Federal charges. 1A does not cover what's going on right now.

Amen.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Agreed. On a personal level they are hyper litigious turds, however what they did and why they did it are one of several reasons why the 2a was included in the constitution. They are the perfect couple for this fight, precisely because they are hyper litigious.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    So you support the AK wielding Marshal of CHOP? Because he has a gun too!!! That obviously makes him "one of us" and all about supporting our Second Amendment rights!!!
    Of course not. He wasn't defending his property from angry mob aggressors as is the case in St Louis. He was part of the angry mob aggressors in Seattle. This fundamental distinction goes to the core of the discussion. It's separates the law-abiding from lawbreakers, self-defense from aggression.

Chicago gangbangers don't have a right to do drive-by shootings, but that St Louis couple does have the right to defend life and property. And that, sir, makes them "one of us" in the context of exercising their 2A rights in that scenario as far as I'm concerned. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 07-12-20 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Of course not. He wasn't defending his property from angry mob aggressors as is the case in St Louis. He was part of the angry mob aggressors in Seattle. This fundamental distinction goes to the core of the discussion. It's separates the law-abiding from lawbreakers, self-defense from aggression.

Chicago gangbangers don't have a right to do drive-by shootings, but that St Louis couple does have the right to defend life and property. And that, sir, makes them "one of us" in the context of exercising their 2A rights in that scenario as far as I'm concerned. Hope that helps.

Oh no, he was the duly "elected" Marshal of Chop charged by its residents with keeping the peace! Again, the best service they can provide the cause is to now die a heinous and well recorded-and deserved, death. I won't send flowers to Trotskys funeral, sorry.

When I see them making sizeable contributions to GOA/NRA etc...testifying in favor of expanding firearms rights...Then, they are "one of us".....Rules of fairness etc...are for MY PEOPLE, I'm a tribal guy...I read Alinskys Rules For Radicals...those people deserve NOTHING but a shallow grave, I will support them in NOTHING.
    Last edited by Esq.; 07-12-20 at 10:35.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Just show up? And then what?
    And peacefully protest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    And peacefully protest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First there would be a leftist freak out because the "alt-right militia" is threatening and intimidating the DA, then Soros would dispatch his get-out-of-jail-free SJW Rainbow Brigade to start trouble and film it. Conservatives will be jailed if the lift a finger to defend themselves.

F'it - I can wear a mask and gloves, good luck doxing me, sign me up.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast