Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Armor smaller than 10x12

Feedback Score

Body Armor smaller than 10x12

Do any of you have recommendations for any plates that work well for a smaller sized person. I'm only 5'4" and 150lbs. I've never worn a plate carrier or any body armor but just holding a tape measure up I feel like a 10x12 plate is going to be too big for me. I also realize at this time that it may be just about to late to get anything. I'm pretty well situated in the gun department and am hoping to add some armor. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks

Feedback Score
    8x10 SAPI might fit.
    http://bulletproofme.com/RP-Level-4-...ml#Lightweight

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks I was actually just looking at that exact plate. I read through their info about getting the correct size plate and I think I definitely need to stick with the 8x10s. Now I need to find a carrier that will work for the smaller plates. So far I haven't found anything in stock. I did send Beez an email so I will see what they recommend. I'm wanting something pretty minimalistic that I could attach a couple magazines to. No comms or anything like that.

Feedback Score
    Look at this one from AR500 armor.

https://www.ar500armor.com/plate-car...rrier-pkg.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    Thanks I was actually just looking at that exact plate. I read through their info about getting the correct size plate and I think I definitely need to stick with the 8x10s. Now I need to find a carrier that will work for the smaller plates. So far I haven't found anything in stock. I did send Beez an email so I will see what they recommend. I'm wanting something pretty minimalistic that I could attach a couple magazines to. No comms or anything like that.
    You're looking for a size Small Crye JPC / JPC 2.0.
    Aside from a custom carrier, that's the only good, minimalistic, specifically-small/8x10-sized carrier I can think of off the top of my head.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I was looking at the Crye JPC last night. Looks like it will be tough to find one in stock right now. There are a few on eBay but they’re in Italy and they’re $650! The only other option I’ve found is and ECP carrier from Beez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Also, if it's coming from anywhere overseas, I wouldn't entirely trust the validity of it. There are some very good JPC clones, and also lots of scammers.

Maybe also consider calling Crye and asking about availability if you order direct from them.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 07-03-20 at 14:11.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Also, if it's coming from anywhere overseas, I wouldn't entirely trust the validity of it. There are some very good JPC clones, and also lots of scammers.

Maybe also consider calling Crye and asking about availability if you order direct from them.
    Thanks, yeah I think I’ll pass on the Italian eBay deals lol. Calling Crye is a good common sense idea. As soon as I finalize on some plates I might do that. I do have a local gun store in my area and the guy told me he has some 8x10 Angel Armor plates which I know very little about. It looks like they’re made for LEO only.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What exactly is your goal here, height and weight don't factor in as much as chest size, 10x12=120 sq inches, 8x10=80 sq inches so you are giving up 40 sq inches of vital organ coverage, that's not a trade I would want to make. You can always go with a shooter or swimmer's cut front plate if you are worried about a small being too large.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score

Body Armor smaller than 10x12

Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    What exactly is your goal here, height and weight don't factor in as much as chest size, 10x12=120 sq inches, 8x10=80 sq inches so you are giving up 40 sq inches of vital organ coverage, that's not a trade I would want to make. You can always go with a shooter or swimmer's cut front plate if you are worried about a small being too large.
    Going by the measurements of nipple to nipple the 10” width will be way to big for me. I wouldn’t be opposed to trying one on if I had the chance but I think it will be all in the way of me shouldering my rifle. 12” will also be digging into my belt when I sit down. I think the 8x10 plate will fit me correctly. I’m going to go by my local store next week and I’ll be able to make sure before I buy anything.

Last edited by aclawrence; 07-03-20 at 16:14.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast