Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body Armor smaller than 10x12

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Check out SAPI SMALL 8.75” x 11.75”

Feedback Score
    When choosing a bulletproof vest, you should definitely try it on and make sure you feel comfortable. Bulletproof Clothing should fit you, and you should be comfortable in it. A too large vest will fit poorly and tend to slip, while one that is too small can expose your vital organs to injury. Some manufacturers only make bulletproof vests in standard sizes, which can be a problem if you buy it online and can't try it before buying it. Also, if you want to protect your shoulders, neck, sides, or groin, you need extras.
    Last edited by watermelon; 01-21-22 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    1) How much money are you willing to spend on plates and plate carrier?

2) How much weight are you willing to carry with a load out of plates, full magazines, IFAK, Hydration, etc., etc., etc., and be fairly mobile?

3) What level of protection do you need to defeat the most likely ammo threat that you would encounter?

Feedback Score
    Try this, it’s 9X9…

https://www.ar500armor.com/ar-freeman.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10x12 is generally considered size large. Lots of plates out there in size MED that measure 9.5”x12.5” and also size SMALL in 8.75”x11.75”. . Hesco and RMA both offer plates in all 3 sizes IIRC, but as stated there are numerous plates out there available in something smaller than a 10x12.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score

Two Great Choices

If the 8x10 is the tiniest bit "too" small or large you have other options in both Shooter & SAPI that fall under the 10x12 size. Since M855 ammo is so prevalent now I'd personally consider getting armor which can defeat it. Somehow I was able to fit these in 10x12 into a Medium TRex AC1 Carrrier despite what they claim on their site. These Curved plates in Shooter Cut are most comfortable!

https://www.shotstop.net/products/du...41414431506624

This carrier is perfect enough to use under a jacket or Hoodie without printing and any placard with velcro/snaps will fit perfect on the front. One of these in medium OR even small in your case would be a wise selection I believe. I'm 5'10" 195 and love it!

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/T-RE...Plate-Carrier/

Semper Fi,

Gunny
    Last edited by GunnyFitz; 01-29-22 at 08:01. Reason: Size

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12