Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolf 9mm ammo in a can, how do you bust into that MF'er?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FYI on opening the spam can w/o the opener..Ive used a hammer & cold chisel a few times, hard,loud and takes awhile, but itll do the job sans opener.
    We may all be down Wolff before this crap is said & done. As a last resort for me, tho.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 07-02-20 at 15:20.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My Glocks eat Wolf 115gr like a fat kid eats cake and ice cream.

Tula gave it some issues in Magpul GL9s or when cold. But Wolf was / is fine.

Haven't gotten it in the spam can, but I do have some 1974 Russian 762x54R and the can opener is the way to go.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    How is the ammo?

I have never used it.
    I've fired enough Wolf 115g steel case ammunition to fill the bed of a pickup truck. I purchased it in 1,000 round and 5,000 rounds quantities over the years. It's a little dirty and some lots I fired were slightly underpowered. I've had zero failures shooting it in my CZ Scorpion and every Glock I've owned. I have not fired it through my 1911's for fear the cases may be a little tough on the extractors.

I've fired several thousand rounds of Wolf M1 Carbine ammunition with zero failures. I've fired I don't know how many rounds of Wolf 55g and 62g .223 ammunition through my AR's and have never had an ammunition related failure.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I've never fired a steel case 9x19, but your thread title gave me a much needed chuckle.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Where did you buy Wolf steel case 9mm and at what price? The prices have skyrocketed and the best price I have found recently was 25 cents per round.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I love looking around in my house and seeing lots of 500rds boxes of Wolf 9MM and 5.56, which was had for $0.12/rd and $0.21/rd respectively

And brass cased stuff for a nickel more

I never bought Wolf 9MM in the can, because it was always a couple of cents more per round.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Where did you buy Wolf steel case 9mm and at what price? The prices have skyrocketed and the best price I have found recently was 25 cents per round.
    Target Sports, and it was .25 a round which is gut-wrenching. I just had 2000 rounds on backorder for 10 weeks and I thought was it going to get canceled but shipped and landed. Far superior 147 grain ammo at .20 a round, which no longer exists on planet earth.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I've never fired a steel case 9x19, but your thread title gave me a much needed chuckle.

Andy
    Steel cased ammo in a steel case box!!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought that Wolf ammo in the tub with 800 rounds, what the best way to get into it. The lips are damaged so its more jacked up to open.

Any ideas? I could Dremel but want to know if there is a magic bullet.

PB
    Unfortunately you already figured it out. I had a whole explanation involving an actual wolf

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Video instructions.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast