Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone having trigger issues with Sig 365XL?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone having trigger issues with Sig 365XL?

Bought this last week. In dry fire and live fire there's a random, almost dead, trigger. Not sure how else to explain it. You shoot and shoot and the trigger feels the same. Then all of a sudden you pull the trigger and nothing happens. You pull it all the way back and nothing. You squeeze it just a little bit more and suddenly BAAMM ....it goes off. Only way I can describe it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've found that when the gun is new and not fully smoothed out, sometimes the slide won't go all the way forward when I'm dry firing as I usually just pull it back far enough to reset the trigger, and not all the way back and then releasing. You can test this by seeing if you can just barely pull the slide back and get it hang just slightly out of lock.

EDIT: At least that's what my p365 was doing. I just tried replicating with my p365XL and it always locked up tight, even when I barely moved the slide back.
    Last edited by georgeib; 07-01-20 at 20:07.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My trigger just plain sucks, I mean I understand its a carry gun but this thing SUX. Heavy gritty and slop slop fest...

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The trigger feel is fine. I don't have an issue with slop or grit. Honestly ive never had an issue with that on any gun. Only problems with triggers, for me, is weight. I'll take light , sloppy and gritty over smooth but heavy..

The gun goes into battery every time and it shoots every time. Just sometimes the trigger is pulled all the way back and nothing happens as if the striker wasn't reset then, when pulled really really hard it actually releases the striker and goes off

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Okay, that doesn't sound normal at all. I'd definitely be referring it to Sig.

Feedback Score
    My P365XL has a little over 800 rounds through it with zero issues . Trigger is ok for a striker gun with no grittiness etc . If I were you , that gun would be on its way back to Sig .
    FWIW , I tried to replicate what was happening to yours in dry fire last night and can`t .
    Let my SO fire mine yesterday along with her P365xl just to see if grip played a part in this and zero trigger problems with either gun .

FWIW , this probably has no bearing on the trigger issue , but when I was talking to a Sig Academy instructor , he said to break the gun in on +P 147 grain ammo .... it makes the gun do complete cycles as some of the other ammo is a little under powered .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 63Qcode View Post
    My P365XL has a little over 800 rounds through it with zero issues . Trigger is ok for a striker gun with no grittiness etc . If I were you , that gun would be on its way back to Sig .
    FWIW , I tried to replicate what was happening to yours in dry fire last night and can`t .
    Let my SO fire mine yesterday along with her P365xl just to see if grip played a part in this and zero trigger problems with either gun .

FWIW , this probably has no bearing on the trigger issue , but when I was talking to a Sig Academy instructor , he said to break the gun in on +P 147 grain ammo .... it makes the gun do complete cycles as some of the other ammo is a little under powered .
    Best way to get an idea (it won't work for you) is drop the striker/dry fire. Then pull the trigger back again like you're shooting again. When the trigger stops all the way back put some more umpf into it. That's when mine goes off. It doesn't happen all the time and it's not consistent when it happens. So it could be twice in one mag then in another 50 rounds, then again in another 20 trigger pulls then maybe twice in 10 pulls...

Using 147+p sounds odd. That's some hard to find and expensive ammo, compared to typical 115-124

Either way I'm on hold with Sig

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah I'd send that thing back, they have a pretty good turnaround time. Better safe than sorry.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'd like to find out what the outcome of this is. So far I've put a little over 500 rounds through mine and have had no issues. Trigger feels fine. Regardless I'd be interested in what Sig comes up with concerning this issue.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Best way to get an idea (it won't work for you) is drop the striker/dry fire. Then pull the trigger back again like you're shooting again. When the trigger stops all the way back put some more umpf into it. That's when mine goes off. It doesn't happen all the time and it's not consistent when it happens. So it could be twice in one mag then in another 50 rounds, then again in another 20 trigger pulls then maybe twice in 10 pulls...

Using 147+p sounds odd. That's some hard to find and expensive ammo, compared to typical 115-124

Either way, I'm on hold with Sig
    I also had an issue with mine shooting low, 4 inches low at 10 yards with RDS. I contacted Sig online and they got back to me weeks later and asked if it was resolved, I said no. crickets. I think they have very few employees coming to work due to COVID, is my guess.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast