Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Gun, couple issues

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Yes. If you think about it, the sights have to be adjusted to raise the strike of the bullet 2.5 inches (roughly) at 50 yards to account for the distance between the sights and the rifle bore. So 25 yards is halfway to 50 yards, so you might see 1.25ish low.

Here is what the trajectory charts at using the Hornady Ballistic Calculator (xm193 is the military 5.56 55gr cartridge):

The red circle shows the bullet 2.5 inches low (because the barrel is below the sights) at 25 yards;

The blue circle shows the NEAR ZERO at 50 yards;

The green circle shows the FAR ZERO between 200 and 225 yards.

Your Troy sight's apertures should be same plane, which means the center of each aperture is at the same point above the bore. So it shouldn't make any difference which aperture you use, small or large.

Attachment 63044

Hope this helps.
    awesome, thanks man! Troy said "as long as you can get zero within the adjustment range of the sights, I should be G2G". Good to know if it was out of whack they would help as before that answer he was super helpful. For now I'm just gonna shoot and have fun as I think everything is fine!

Feedback Score

New Gun, couple issues

Waste less money in fuel driving around and just go shoot the thing. All that matters is if its accurate or not. Bore sighting is just to get you on paper, not supposed to be an accurate zero. All the talking and time wasted you did by driving around hassling people could have been avoided by reading what 26inf wrote along with others and then just going and shooting the damned thing. They are weapons not fine time pieces. They need to be taken care of but you need to see the forest through the trees and not obsess over the tiniest of issues. You will be a lot happier in the long run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubet; 07-10-20 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Waste less money in fuel driving around and just go shoot the thing. All that matters is if its accurate or not. Bore sighting is just to get you on paper, not supposed to be an accurate zero. All the talking and time wasted you did by driving around hassling people could have been avoided by reading what 26inf wrote along with others and then just going and shooting the damned thing. They are weapons not fine time pieces. They need to be taken care of but you need to see the forest through the trees and not obsess over the tiniest of issues. You will be a lot happier in the long run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Oh they are weapons? Thanks, I didn't know that. Learn something new every day.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345