With parts of the country literally on fire & DJT's re-election prospects looking inauspicious, I decided to finally get to work building a go-to carbine. I'm sparing no expense (I ordered a freaking $88 after shipping forged rifle receiver extension from Speciaized Armament for it). It will be topped with an Aimpoint CompM5 & cowitness fixed irons (LMT rear sight & probably a Midwest Industries HK style front).

Conventional wisdom dictates the barrel, bolt carrier, and trigger are the heart of a solid build. I decided to finally pull the proverbial trigger & order a Noveske 16 inch CHF/CL barrel. I had some credit with OpticsPlanet & a 10% off coupon. Came to like $420 shipped. They ain't gonna get any cheaper over the coming months.

Supposedly these are the best $$ can buy, save Hodge.

Temper my expectations. What has been your experience with this barrel?

At the moment my expectations are reliable, if overgassed (which I'm okay with. I want it to run any ammo in any conditions & I don't own or intend to own a suppressor...otherwise I'd have hunted down a Hodge). Accuracy expectations are 1.5-2 MOA 5 shot groups @ 100 yards with quality ammo. >2 moa with cheap stuff.

I haven't seen too many reports on a Noveske CHF barrel since Molon's evaluation circa 2009.