Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just ordered a Noveske 16 inch CHF Barrel. Set my expectations.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I own two Noveske 14.5 and 16 barrels. They are great barrels, but so many mgf make great barrels these days. I dont know if I would buy another. Ive been real happy with Sionics and BCM barrels. But there are many, so give it consideration.

I love how you can configure BCM fodder. Give them a look.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I own two Noveske 14.5 and 16 barrels. They are great barrels, but so many mgf make great barrels these days. I dont know if I would buy another. Ive been real happy with Sionics and BCM barrels. But there are many, so give it consideration.

PB
    I've got a Sionics 16 inch Lightweight in a build. Really nice barrel. Great price too. I have a chrome lined Lothar Walther still waiting to be built out (will eventually be a DMR-ish setup). BCM's accuracy record is...spotty.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    I didn't want to mention this before, but I've had really good luck with BCM barrels too. Both the BFH and stainless have served me very well. My BCM BFH 14.5 light weight is the most accurate barrel I own. It is freakishly accurate! I can get .5 to .75 MOA with Mk262. YMMV

My DD is 1.5 MOA with match ammo, Faxon heavy fluted match disappointing. I can't remember all of them, some I've never spent Match ammo on. The bulk of my barrels are CHF and I just make sure they are 2 MOA with Federal M193.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 07-04-20 at 09:45.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a ~15 year old Noveske 16" CHF/CL upper with over 6000 rounds thru it that still shoots around MOA with various ammo. I just verified it a few months ago @100Y.

It was utterly reliable with an H buffer and now even smoother with an A5H2.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I didn't want to mention this before, but I've had really good luck with BCM barrels too. Both the BFH and stainless have served me very well. My BCM BFH 14.5 light weight is the most accurate barrel I own. It is freakishly accurate! I can get .5 to .75 MOA with Mk262. YMMV

My DD is 1.5 MOA with match ammo, Faxon heavy fluted match disappointing. I can't remember all of them, some I've never spent Match ammo on. The bulk of my barrels are CHF and I just make sure they are 2 MOA with Federal M193.
    BCM sells a bazzillion barrels and of course, there are going to be some less than ideal. But on average, they make quality stuff. If you get a poor product, 20,0000000 people hear about it, a great product, your best friends hear about it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I have one I bought in like 2016, it was part of a deal where they had their front sight post CHF for like 30% off or something crazy. It has a low profile gas block now but when I first got it I was disappointed comparing it to my 18in SS from noveske. But with better ammo it will group 1.5 Moa which for a CL barrel is good. I have a 1-6 vcog on this gun so the crosshair is 1 Moa thick and I’m Not really out there using A rear bag or bipod on this thing so that doesn’t help. But I have gotten good groups using the hornady frontier 55gr bthp.

Feedback Score
    I’ve got a CL Noveske 16”, FSB, DD BCG, VLTOR MUR and A5 H2.
    The barrel has a better profile than most others who offer FN barrels. I’ve not had any problems with overgassing, but it’s unsuppressed. Ive been extremely pleased with the accuracy as well. I do think that Noveske is overpriced as of late, but it beats buying junk or being unarmed.

Feedback Score
    While I'm considering upper receivers, any experience with the Forward Controls Designs billet upper? Specifically curious about how tight a fit the upper/barrel will be. One of the reasons I'm looking at the Lantac is they've required thermal fitting for all 3 I've built on. I'm going with a Forward Controls Forward Assist anyway, maybe I should consider the full upper?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by js8588 View Post
    While I'm considering upper receivers....

You are kinda all over the map on this creation, but it seems like you are having fun with it, and that is a good thing. Do you want a forged or a billet upper receiver?

Second question, how many builds have you done previously, or is this your first AR15 overall?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You are kinda all over the map on this creation, but it seems like you are having fun with it, and that is a good thing. Do you want a forged or a billet upper receiver?

Second question, how many builds have you done previously, or is this your first AR15 overall?
    My 6th full build. (I have several others under construction too...you know how it goes).

I'm looking at billet for the upper this time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast