Thread: Looking For Female OWB Holster Suggestions

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Looking For Female OWB Holster Suggestions

My wife carries a G43 in her gunpurse, and another in small fanny pack while hiking and exercising outdoors. We're taking a training class soon and I want to surprise her with an OWB holster for the class.

I've tried to convince her for years to switch to an on-body holster, but she's curvy enough the "high and tight" way that typical holsters fit force the grip of the gun into her ribcage. She also rarely wears a belt. I'd appreciate feedback on holsters you or someone you know have used that are designed for a woman's shape and are comfortable to wear, secure and well built. I'd prefer to avoid buying a drawer full of holsters for her as well!
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The QLS in and of itself offsets the holster quite a bit as I learned for use with a pack belt.

While the ALS holsters are physically bigger (a 7ts for a 43 is close in external size to a non locking holster for a G19), the outdoor use you mention makes me think an ALS equipped holster might be a good idea

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I went through the same thing years ago for my wife. The difference in male/female body shapes above and below the midline make holster selection a challenge.

This video covers the issue (Body type and holster offset) and for competition outdoor looks great, too bad didn't come out a decade ago. Safariland system is excellent, but a stiff belt with an offset holster would also suffice for less $, although the adapter system she mentions customizing offset can't be discounted especially after paying money for a class.

For CCW lifestyle & clothing changes will most likely need to happen as without wearing a belt CCW on body can be a challenge to downright dangerous. Ankle carry can also be an option, although not sure G43 is small enough, but there are numerous threads on ankle carry on this site should you be inclined to search.