Thread: Covid Quarantine Recce Rifle or “Cov-ee” Rifle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very nice rifle. Well written posting. I haven't built a new rifle in three years and it's a lot of fun.

I think the Vltor receiver remains a very good choice for its rigidty, and quality machining. I chose them for my best builds too.

I've heard a lot about BA barrels, but haven't tried one yet. I'm interested in your thoughts on melonite after you have some rounds down the pipe. I like the medium, non-military profile barrels too. I'm looking for an alternative to the Noveske CHF barrel too.

I've compared the MBT-2 triggers (I've got a couple) with the SSAs and SSA-E, and it's really a pretty good trigger if you overlook the machining of the shoe and slightly awkward install. My examples also have some side to side play in two different lowers. Not sure why LaRue would machine them that way. But for the $ they are really excellent. I guess the reason Bill Geissele can demand so much for his triggers is because he gets it right almost every damn time. I think Bill is a trigger wizard for duty triggers.

I really like your choice of optic. Seems like a perfect choice for the rifle you built.

Congratulations.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 07-02-20 at 12:06.