Thread: Buffer Bumper questions

Feedback Score

Buffer Bumper questions

Had a few H3 carbine buffers I bought cheap a while back and finally got around to disassembly so I could mix the weights up with a few carbine buffer weights to make H1, H2 etc.

The bumpers on the regular carbine weight buffers looked and felt like the 'normal' material and were fairly easy to remove / reinstall (Pretty sure these were Colt parts) but the H3 buffer bumpers seemed to be a much harder / more dense material and were an ungodly tight fit in the buffer body. So tight I had to freeze the buffers overnight and then use vicegrips to remove...

I did check the fit of the Colt carbine bumpers in the H3 buffer bodies and they go in and out of those what I would call 'normally'. Pretty sure the difference is in the bumpers and not the buffer bodies here.

KAK sells buffer bumpers for a buck each. Should I buy a handful and replace the hard / tight fit ones I have or is that hard composite material and tight fit desirable for some reason?

Are the KAK bumpers going to be super tight or a harder material than what would be found on Colt parts?

Should I be looking elsewhere for the bumpers or just use what I have and forget about it?

Appreciate any advice here.

Feedback Score
    Not really sure exactly what you’re asking. I have a few KAK bumpers and they are slightly on the softer side. They also fit not too loose and not too tight.
    Some bumpers out there are so hard, there might as well not even be a bumper at all, but just a piece of solid plastic.