Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ballistic advantage barrels

Feedback Score

ballistic advantage barrels

looking at a build with one on it. have looked and asked all over,so trying here. what do people have in the way of direct knowledge or experience? i have heard everything from "MOA for sure and if not they correct it" to horrible machining and no CS. i am not asking what you think i should put on a gun or what is a better barrel. i know better barrels. i am asking specifically about experience with BA barrels. the build is mostly aero and gissele parts and a linked barrel add for $160,so at least rather suspect.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’ve got 2 or 3 BA barrels have been very happy with all of them. Can’t speak to their CS as I’ve never had an issue to have to call them about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gissele?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosin46 View Post
    looking at a build with one on it. have looked and asked all over,so trying here. what do people have in the way of direct knowledge or experience? i have heard everything from "MOA for sure and if not they correct it" to horrible machining and no CS. i am not asking what you think i should put on a gun or what is a better barrel. i know better barrels. i am asking specifically about experience with BA barrels. the build is mostly aero and gissele parts and a linked barrel add for $160,so at least rather suspect.

I have used iver 10 BA barrels of all different calibers and lengths. No issues with any of them at all. They have all functioned great and have been a solid MOA barrel with match grade ammo.

As for the CS, no isses at all with them. I have had a few conversations with them and they told me stories about how people use a 4 MOA Aimpoint and can't get MOA out of there barrel..... and other stuff they hear.

I know that Eurodriver shot his 12.5 BA upper i built for him at 620 yards with 19 of 20 hits on a steel target.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    thanks very much all. i may try and make a move on the build. i am stuck between another 5.56 or an AR10. have big commit with 5.56 and AR10 prices for mid range guns are high IMHO.

Feedback Score
    I have two barrels from them. No problems.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your AR10 ammo costs should be factored in. But if you have a good 5.56, I'd build or buy the AR10 just because it is such a different animal.

Feedback Score
    yea i'm thinking that but still up in the air. i am not a huge 5.56 fan but $,availability,ammo and rifles/parts around are + issues. i am a big 308 fan also.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I only have 1 BA barrel, like an idiot I butchered my roll pin when trying to pin the gas block. Called to see if I cluld buy a new one as they were not listed on their website. They just mailed me a new one.

I now own a set of roll pin starter punches.

Feedback Score
    these replies are great and helpful. i have had some negative experiences on here-wise ass condescending S - - -. not that anyone will care,but will frequent here more. my grandson does FS. think it's his go to site.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast