Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnet Gun Vehicle Mounts

Feedback Score

Magnet Gun Vehicle Mounts

Gang,
    Whats the scoop with these magnetic gun mounts? This video discusses the tactical issues with these mounts, and leaving vehicles in a car.

What I haven't seen is any opinions on using a strong magnet to attach your guns to anything...? I was always trained to keep strong magnets away from firearms (for extended periods of time). The reason was not wanting internals becoming magnetized over time... I was always told magnetized parts could fail, attract metal shavings in the wrong places, and was generally not good.

Any thoughts on this?

Feedback Score
    Hard nope, for many reasons. Unless you own an XD, then whatever

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Hard nope, for many reasons. Unless you own an XD, then whatever

Thoughts on magnetizing a handgun or internals?

Feedback Score
    That is far outside my lane, but so far down the road of bad ideas I compare it to worrying about saltwater corrosion on the internals of my engine.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Not f’n ever. I’ll agree with Yeager for once. Use a proper storage solution.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies thus far. But none have touched on the issue of magnetizing The internals. I know this has been an issue with AR firing pins. Just wondering about super magnets next to handguns?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'd be far more worried about the 3# hunk of metal & plastic flying around the interior of my truck during a wreck, then I would ever care about a potentially magnetized gun part.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    I'd be far more worried about the 3# hunk of metal & plastic flying around the interior of my truck during a wreck, then I would ever care about a potentially magnetized gun part.
    That is absolutely a fair point. Though these mounts are also being marketed and used for bedside or under desk quick access Mounts.

For vehicle carry, I’m of the mindset that a gun not on your person is mostly useless. Had a buddy who glove box carried... You get carjacked, “excuse me, um I need some .. heart medicine from my glove box...”. Lol.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Car magnets for guns make baby Odin weep.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    This- there are secure, car mounted holsters that attach under the dash or on the side of the center console. It’s hard to get to a gun from a worn belted holster. But I would never leave a gun unattended in a car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast