Thread: Dr. Voddie Baucham: Ethnic Gnosticism otherwise known as racism in America

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Dr. Voddie Baucham: Ethnic Gnosticism otherwise known as racism in America

Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    How important to God do you think theology and doctrine is? I see the problem as NOT holding fast to sound words. Would you count as a brother someone who denied the trinity?
    Trying... to... stay... on... topic... argh! I give up! I love a rabbit hole! You guys can call me a hypocrite.

I would agree with you that there is a line.

In regards to someone who denies the doctrine of the Trinity, perhaps I would call them a brother, but perhaps not. I think it depends on whether there in fruit in their life or not. I believe in the Trinity, but it is not an easy concept to understand. I find it to be one of those Devine mysteries that leave me in awe of Him. What if they are a new Christian? Maybe they are not very sophisticated or not very intelligent. By not considering them a brother would I be then condemning them? I’m not trying to evade answering your question, but I don’t think there is an easy answer. In any case, I think it’s important to answer the person, not the question.
    Last edited by Cold/Bore; 07-05-20 at 13:44.