Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Voddie Baucham: Ethnic Gnosticism otherwise known as racism in America

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Dr. Voddie Baucham: Ethnic Gnosticism otherwise known as racism in America

Dr. Voddie Baucham is a brilliant pastor and speaker, and he coined the phrase "ethnic gnosticism" to describe racism in America. What he has to say in this video is refreshingly honest, especially when he discusses racism and cultural Marxism.

A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is a great interview of Voddie where he talks further about what I call the fallacy of systematic racism in America.

A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for posting those. Excellent points made by Dr. Baucham, in a very non-confrontational way.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Thanks for posting those. Excellent points made by Dr. Baucham, in a very non-confrontational way.
    My pleasure. I really enjoy his sermons. His love for his fellow man and his passion for sharing Christ is very obvious.

I found his reasoning for going to Oxford for his doctorate very interesting and revealing.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Keep listening, maybe he'll get you to believe TULIP eventually. Lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Negative Ghostrider.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    What is that?
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    What is that?
    Calvinism. The belief that God predestined a minority of individuals to go to heaven before He created the world and the rest to go to hell.

I don't subscribe to this belief.
    Last edited by TexHill; 07-04-20 at 22:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    What is that?
    Calvinist doctrine:

Total Depravity: Human beings are completely sinful and depraved and incapable of asking for redemption.
    Unconditional Election: God predestined all who will be saved and all who will be condemned; basically, nobody "chooses" to become a Christian or not to be a Christian.
    Limited Atonement: Jesus didn't come to save everybody, he only came to save the predestined.
    Irristable Grace: If you were predestined, once God calls you, you will inevitably believe and follow Him.
    Preservation of Saints: Nothing can make the predestined lose their salvation. Anybody who denounces their faith is determined to have never truly believed in the first place.

Calvinism is central to Presbyterian theology, but it's also taught in congregational churches and some small baptist denominations. Most other denominations either reject Calvinism outright, or take Calvin's theories as one of many commentaries on Protestant theology and nothing more.

I'm not a Calvinist and I have serious issues with the doctrine taken as a whole. I also take issue with the fact that a lot of Presbyterian churches and thinkers tend to be anti-Israel and anti-Judaism. Not antisemitic; they don't hate Jews, but they do believe that God has rejected Israel and that the church is the "new Israel." Basically, the Jews have no further role to play in God's plan. My late Presbyterian granddad felt this way.

While I do believe that there are things that are destined to happen, and God does call some more persistently than others, I believe the call for salvation is universal. I also don't believe in fate-by-another-name; that is, that everything, good and bad, that happens, God wrote in the timeline before he create the world, and everything we do was fated to happen.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 07-04-20 at 22:59.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Calvinism. The belief that God predestined a minority of individuals to go to heaven before He created the world and the rest to go to hell.

I don't subscribe to this belief.
    Actually my church and many Reformed churches believe much much more than a minority will be saved.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast