Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dr. Voddie Baucham: Ethnic Gnosticism otherwise known as racism in America

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Dr. Voddie Baucham: Ethnic Gnosticism otherwise known as racism in America

Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    How important to God do you think theology and doctrine is? I see the problem as NOT holding fast to sound words. Would you count as a brother someone who denied the trinity?
    Trying... to... stay... on... topic... argh! I give up! I love a rabbit hole! You guys can call me a hypocrite.

I would agree with you that there is a line.

In regards to someone who denies the doctrine of the Trinity, perhaps I would call them a brother, but perhaps not. I think it depends on whether there in fruit in their life or not. I believe in the Trinity, but it is not an easy concept to understand. I find it to be one of those Devine mysteries that leave me in awe of Him. What if they are a new Christian? Maybe they are not very sophisticated or not very intelligent. By not considering them a brother would I be then condemning them? I’m not trying to evade answering your question, but I don’t think there is an easy answer. In any case, I think it’s important to answer the person, not the question.
    Last edited by Cold/Bore; 07-05-20 at 13:44.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Back to Voddie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Frankly Tom,
    One of the biggest turn offs to "Reformed Theology" is the arrogance of people like yourself. Just about every vocal proponent of Calvinism - with the exception of Voddie Baucham and Paul Washer - comes off as an arrogant ass who looks down on those who don't agree with them and therefore must not be part of the "elect".

The topic of Calvinism has come up a few times on the forum and never once have I seen you respond with love and compassion, but with arrogance and pride. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are not arrogant or prideful in person, but that is how you come off here anytime Calvinism is discussed.

Proverbs 16:5
    Everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD; Assuredly, he will not be unpunished.

James 4:6
    But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.”
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Frankly Tom,
    One of the biggest turn offs to "Reformed Theology" is the arrogance of people like yourself. Just about every vocal proponent of Calvinism - with the exception of Voddie Baucham and Paul Washer - comes off as an arrogant ass who looks down on those who don't agree with them and therefore must not be part of the "elect".

The topic of Calvinism has come up a few times on the forum and never once have I seen you respond with love and compassion, but with arrogance and pride. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are not arrogant or prideful in person, but that is how you come off here anytime Calvinism is discussed.

Proverbs 16:5
    Everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD; Assuredly, he will not be unpunished.

James 4:6
    But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.”
    I see, Tex, now you judge my heart. Just So I understand Tex, what is the most arrogant thing I have said?

I acquiesced to your request. I responded to some offline and seriously said get back to Voddie. I made a joke at #4 post or there abouts and left it at your respnse. OTHERS went on about TULIP not me, I made no answer until much later and then tried to get the thread back on track. And now instead of talking about Voddie, you want to talk about me and my sin. What do you want man. Back to Voddie.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Calvinism sounds lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Calvinism sounds lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 Corinthians 2:14-15

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You guys take the internet waaaaaaaaay too seriously. Everyone lighten up a bit, and try to keep it near the topic please.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Dr. Voddie is an exceptional teacher. I observed him one time in a rather stressful situation having to do with airline travel, and I can definitely say he’s a better man than I am!

As to ethnic gnosticism, I can’t wait to use it when accused of systemic racism... definitely get into somebody’s OODA loop with that.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing these. Been a while since I watched/heard anything from the good reverend.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234