Thread: Help with 1995 Colt Match Target HBAR

Feedback Score

Help with 1995 Colt Match Target HBAR

I just acquired a well used, but in very good condition, CMH006xx serial number rifle that has me perplexed. This has a .223 marked lower and a 5.56 NATO marked barrel, but on this A2 rifle, the elevation drum has no index markings. It doesn’t even have the flat spot for the 8/3 position. Is this a common or known state for these to be produced in?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duanesworld; 07-03-20 at 08:00.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow. That is weird. I've never seen that. Maybe a swap out for a competition/high power wheel?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I’ve never heard of this. I’ve seen some from GUNTEC that didn’t have the “Z” on the wheel but it had all the numbers out to 6.

I’ve seen some wheels on supposed Colt and other higher-end carry handles that didn’t have the “Z” also but these were very few in number as it was obviously some sort of factory mistake. But NO ... never seen a wheel that was totally void of the calibrations as you say.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    In the instruction manual for these rifles, downloaded from Colt’s website, it says in the rear sight section, “Sights provided with rifles in 7.62x39mm caliber are unmarked.” I suppose it is possible that this rifle ended up with one of those elevation indexes.