Thread: Bootleg BCG Full Auto Version

Feedback Score

Bootleg BCG Full Auto Version

Ive been running the bootleg adjustable bolt carrier group for a few months now. So far I’ve put roughly 3,000 rounds through it, all brass cased ball 55 and 62 grain. I ran the first 1,500 rounds unsuppressed on my pinned 14.5 bcm on the first setting meant for unsuppressed. It ran flawlessly, casings landing at 4:30 and without a single hiccup. Next I ran 1,500 rounds suppressed with my surefire mini2 on the 4th setting meant for suppressed fire. Once again brass landed at 4:30 constantly and without a single failure. I never tried the middle two settings as I believe they are for special types of ammo (don’t quote me on that one). So far 3,000 rounds in on suppressed and unsuppressed, no failures and brass all landing where it should. Also no noticeable gas blowback difference between suppressed and unsuppressed. If you have any other questions or if your experience with this BCG differ or mimic mine comment.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Put it on suppressed and fire it without the can. See if it locks back or not. That’ll be you’re difference.

I have the gemtech adjustable. It’s neat but I don’t think I’ll buy another one.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I will next time I make it to the range and report back.... you don’t seem to enthused about the gem tech, what was wrong with that?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It works as advertised. But it’s not that much a difference between Suppressed and unsuppressed when running a can. So why? I’ll just get a regular bcg next time.

What the bootleg has going for it is the adjustment on the port side. The gemtech is in the other side so you have to yank the whole thing our to flip it. And when you get bang click because it’s on the wrong setting it’s a pain in the ass.
    Last edited by ggammell; 07-03-20 at 21:10.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    so would i be better off buying a gas busting CH and saving some money for suppressed use?
    May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakedoctor View Post
    so would i be better off buying a gas busting CH and saving some money for suppressed use?
    Really any of the handles made in the last 10 years or so will be adequate. Geissele, Radian, BCM. They all have a design to make suppresses shooting easier on the shooter. There’s no need to find a “gas buster” design/brand and or fiddle with a self applied silicone ring or what ever.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have both Gemtech and Bootleg. With proper buffers the difference is amazing to me with M4-2000, Turbo, and Turbo K cans on 11.5" and 12.3" guns. Virtually no gas to face with either. I have the Gemtech in a 6933 with an H2 and Bootleg in a homemade 12.3" (Ballistic Advantage barrel) with an H3. A buddy has a Bootleg in an 11.5" BCM that was an incredibly gassy gun before switching.

No issues with reliability in any of them.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Put it on suppressed and fire it without the can. See if it locks back or not. That’ll be you’re difference.

I have the gemtech adjustable. It’s neat but I don’t think I’ll buy another one.
    I run a Bootleg on my 11.5" BCM SBR with an A5H0 buffer.

It'll function suppressed on any setting, but it'll only lock back without the suppressor on the 'U' setting. Hot loads will mostly lock back on 'U+1'. Suppressed on 'U' gives a lot of gas to face and tosses the brass like 10' to 1-o'clock.
    This is pretty much how I'd expect it to work, though.

Suppressed on 'S' is a pleasure to shoot. No gas and a neat pile of brass at 4-o'clock.

I haven't fired as many rounds as MrHandsome. Maybe 1000 mixed suppressed and unsuppressed so far, but it's been totally reliable. Assuming it's set properly, of course...You can't really knock it for failing to cycle without a suppressor when set to 'S'.

In practice, I really only ever use the 'S' and 'U' settings.