Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: PanicPanicPanic: how long can the madness continue?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    The problem with these panics is that they are not driven by an influx of first time buyers. From my experience, it's a bunch of guys squirrelling away a bunch of guns and ammo they already have.
    This^

It's a little bit of everything. The new millionaire gun owner (although majority aren't into guns) made a one time buy on a random AR and half a case of ammo and probably didn't bother with extra mags!

There's the avg guy who bought a firearm and a few boxes of ammo.

Then there's the guys who are gun owners and who normally buy by the case. These guys are the ones causing this. I see the same faces and cars in gun stores as I have for years.
    The occasional new guy can't make up his/her mind on if they really need to buy 5 boxes of ammo and how many safeties they feel comfortable having on the gun.

Here's what I've noticed. Majority of avg guns (Glocks, CZ, Sig, revolver....) Are being bought by a new owner. Majority of cool guns and ammo is being bought by those who have always bought them and probably have ammo stacked since the 80s
    Last edited by Arik; 07-04-20 at 08:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lightbulb

Maybe so.

Noobs don’t know about Radian CHs or Arisaka light mounts, in my experience.

I’d like to buy these parts for an upper I want to finish, and I get sale notice upon sale notice in my inbox, yet when I click to check for the parts they are sold out. It’s been that way for quite awhile, now.

For the foreseeable future I’ve been forced to give up on my projects. Money isn’t an issue, but nothing is available, anywhere.
    Last edited by Buncheong; 07-04-20 at 12:21.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    Same. I feel like we have been in constant panics since Obama looked to have the first election in the bag. If you haven’t got your stuff by now where have you been the last decade+?
    Yeah, I learned my lesson and stick to the basics, good reliable proven firearms, magazines and ammo. Lately several friends have told me they're going to buy a gun for the first time, they know I shoot and are asking my opinion. I always tell them I'm willing to help but that they should get good training before they buy.

I've settled on what works for me and focus on support, mags, ammo, spare parts, etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    From now until the election and then depending upon who wins, maybe much longer.
    Maybe it doesn't matter who wins ? Trump wins and the left goes full revolution. Biden wins and the left starts to dismantle the Bill of Rights and change the country into something we don't recognize.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Maybe it doesn't matter who wins ? Trump wins and the left goes full revolution. Biden wins and the left starts to dismantle the Bill of Rights and change the country into something we don't recognize.
    I've thought this as well lately.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Past ammo panics were about fear of bans. This ammo panic is more about fear of needing to use it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Past ammo panics were about fear of bans. This ammo panic is more about fear of needing to use it.
    Yes. I've seen some recent videos and I try to put myself in their place, what would I do?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Please tell me what auction site is running up bids. I’ve colts listed and can’t get a bite, not even the typical counter offer. I’ve got other things to sell because I’m moving. I’m scratching my head where to sell because it’s either bargain hunters on M4C (yes, M4C buyers are cheap haha) or this mythical panic I keep hearing about.
    M4c buyers are cheap and M4C sellers are overpriced.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This reminds me of when all the non gun people hording up the TP...
    Last edited by vandal5; 07-04-20 at 16:12.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    The problem with these panics is that they are not driven by an influx of first time buyers. From my experience, it's a bunch of guys squirrelling away a bunch of guns and ammo they already have.
    I don't buy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    It's more this, this time around. And the Blacks...

I was just in a couple of my "local" shops in a my nearest major city about 2 weeks ago.
    One large shop/range the shelves were pretty much empty; the only things left in quantity were a few Daniel Defense rifles and revolver/1911 type handguns.
    The only people looking to buy were some young black guys, and some older white lady looking at revolvers.

The next shop was a smaller shop, and the place was HOPPING. They only allowed 15 people in at a time due to Corona-chan, and people were constantly coming to the door waiting to get in as I stood in line for half an hour to ask about availability. They ironically had a better selection than the big shop, bu they were selling FAST.
    From what I could tell, almost all the customers were new/first time buyers. At least 50% were black, and another 1/3 brown-ish.

So, don't buy into the usual MSM bullshit talking about about "evil white men stockpiling guns". Ain't happening this time around.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast