Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PanicPanicPanic: how long can the madness continue?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question PanicPanicPanic: how long can the madness continue?

If you didn’t know better, you’d think my favorite FFL in Scottsdale had gone out of business: no rifles on the wall, empty glass handgun cases.

Staff tell me they don’t know when anything will be back in stock - inventory disappears as fast as it’s logged in. I had a total stranger start talking to me in the shop about how, “I don’t even own any guns but with all of this talk of defunding the P.D., I’m very worried so I want to buy.”

Arisaka sent me an e-mail about their 7/4 sale, but the stuff I’d like to get From them has been sold out for months, and still is.

Credit card millionaires bidding prices into nosebleed territory on [undisclosed firearms auction site]. It’s just nuts.

In the immortal words of Devo, “how long can this go on!?”
    Last edited by Buncheong; 07-03-20 at 14:12. Reason: Syntax error
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's SO weird... because I don't even think about buying guns/ammo/mags at all during these TardFests. I mean, I used to, but after a certain amount of panics, I no longer give it a thought.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's SO weird... because I don't even think about buying guns/ammo/mags at all during these TardFests. I mean, I used to, but after a certain amount of panics, I no longer give it a thought.
    Same. I feel like we have been in constant panics since Obama looked to have the first election in the bag. If you haven’t got your stuff by now where have you been the last decade+?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I sold 6 pieces parts beater AR15s in the last month and a half. Got really good money out of them, even sold a Sig 556-been trying to get rid of that Dead End for 2 years.

I replaced those guns with two Centurion Arms rifles (back in stock this morning) and a DD V5 that showed up at a local pawn shop, like new, guy was selling a bunch of guns to fund a land purchase.....

Fewer, better, rifles....seems like a good thing to me...
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I’m at a point where my needs are met, reserves are adequate, and lack nothing significant so the panic isn’t impacting me too much.

No clue when the panic stops though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I sold 6 pieces parts beater AR15s in the last month and a half.
    That's the thing that kills me. Every panic, I think... we'll never do this retard shit again. Then I kick myself for not having inventory to unload onto morons at a fat profit.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Shelves are getting a little bare of guns here in N Alabama, but not too bad. Ammo, on the other hand, is pretty scarce, at least 5.56 and 9x19. They even took a big dent out of the 22 lr.

I'm thinking the panic buying will continue until the cards are maxed or the second or third month's overdue mortgage payment. I need to move some excess handguns while the getting is good.

I've been a little lazy, need to start reloading and crank out some practice ammo. I'm sure not buying range ammo at panic prices.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-03-20 at 14:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's the thing that kills me. Every panic, I think... we'll never do this retard shit again. Then I kick myself for not having inventory to unload onto morons at a fat profit.
    Last time I unloaded probably 75-100 "training mags" that I had accumulated. Averaged about $12 apiece on them!

When Trump won and new mags went to $6-8 I bought a case of new ones.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Please tell me what auction site is running up bids. I’ve colts listed and can’t get a bite, not even the typical counter offer. I’ve got other things to sell because I’m moving. I’m scratching my head where to sell because it’s either bargain hunters on M4C (yes, M4C buyers are cheap haha) or this mythical panic I keep hearing about.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Please tell me what auction site is running up bids. I’ve colts listed and can’t get a bite, not even the typical counter offer. I’ve got other things to sell because I’m moving. I’m scratching my head where to sell because it’s either bargain hunters on M4C (yes, M4C buyers are cheap haha) or this mythical panic I keep hearing about.
    I sold all mine by word of mouth actually. Guys went into a local shop and asked about guns, the Clerks pointed to the empty shelves.....But,...I might know a guy that has something, kinda deal...

Pays to fix tickets for gunshop clerks, Lol....
    Last edited by Esq.; 07-03-20 at 14:13.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast