Happy 4th of July to the board and Happy Birthday to The United States of America!

As the title states, I’m here looking for a new or used Barrett REC10 in FDE. I wouldn’t be in this situation but an unscrupulous Tulsa, OK area FFL/Small dealer took a $250.00 deposit from me for one he had in his shop on June 9, 2020 with me guaranteeing the balance and pickup of the rifle in no more than 60 days from that date. That gave me until August 9, 2020. Bottom line, Yesterday (July 3) I decided I’d rather not wait and decided to bring my son along with me, drop by and pay the remaining balance early, and pick up the rifle in time for the 4th. Seemed like something fun to do.

Long story short, the rifle was gone, he sold the rifle I agreed to buy (that I have photos of) for more $. The very rifle he promised that with the $250 deposit was mine, Unless I didn’t show up to pay it off by August 9th. He wasn’t counting on me showing up early to pay it off and got greedy and sold it for I’m sure more $ than the price we had agreed on hoping he could get another in by August 9. He talked in circles, I stayed calm, learning as a young man what is and what isn’t worth the trouble and when looking at ‘the big picture’ of things he didn’t burn my house down, swindle me out of my life savings, etc and #1 to teach my son how to handle a undesirable and unexpected situation with a dirtbag the correct way. That said, I was and am flat pissed.

So I’m here looking for the rifle I was hoping to have for the 4th.

If anyone has one, I’d truly appreciate a shot at buying it.

Thanks in advance and don’t blow any fingers off tomorrow.

Jake from Oklahoma