Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Most expensive "scrap" I ever bought. Worth it!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They sell at auction for $50 ea. But this is not a selling forum, this is my show off forum, lol.

Feedback Score
    Your tax dollars hard at work. Twenty or so years ago they would just torch cut them in half. Class II manufacturers would take two overlapping pieces, mill the ends flat, put them in a special jig, and weld them back together. If you were real handy with a milling machine and a tig welder you could do the same thing. Feds must have got wise to this as they changed from torch cutting in half to crushing them like these. I had a front half I picked up at a gun show about twenty years ago for like ten bucks and the real pisser is it looked like a magazine had never even been inserted in it, I mean it was like brand new, sickening. It was a very early M16 it was roll marked XM16E1.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tallestsniper View Post
    We went right down to the local shop for a transfer!
    Why? Personal intra-state sales do not require paperwork. That's the whole premise of Armslist.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelbait View Post
    Why? Personal intra-state sales do not require paperwork. That's the whole premise of Armslist.
    Depends on where you live...

Based on his OP, tallestsniper is in CO. Since 2013 CO has required that all transfers, personal or otherwise, go through an FFL and be blessed by CBI.

Many don't bother, but I assume some dude standing in a buy-back line would want to follow the law. I'd probably err in that direction if I was the buyer of said buy-back line gun as a hedge against it being stolen or whatever...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Awesome keychains and openers, BTW!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Depends on where you live...

Based on his OP, tallestsniper is in CO. Since 2013 CO has required that all transfers, personal or otherwise, go through an FFL and be blessed by CBI.

Many don't bother, but I assume some dude standing in a buy-back line would want to follow the law. I'd probably err in that direction if I was the buyer of said buy-back line gun as a hedge against it being stolen or whatever...
    Bummer, he needs to move to a free state . Probably wouldn't be worth it though in the long run. I'm amazed they haven't shut Armslist down yet. And the personal intra-state sales without paperwork is one of the things the current admin. is looking to stop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345