Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most expensive "scrap" I ever bought. Worth it!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Most expensive "scrap" I ever bought. Worth it!

I live near Fort Carson near Colorado Springs and I always slip a few bucks to my local scrap metal guy for when military brass gets dropped off to be melted down. I get a call in January, "Judah, you should come down here now." I drop everything, pull up in my truck to 4 guys looking into a 55-gallon drum. NICE, I get a grip of brass, right? Wrong. An Army officer is standing there with his arms crossed sort of frowning. I peer into the barrel and see HUNDREDS of crushed Colt M16A1 lower receivers. He said they must be from Vietnam or some other conflict, but all I could do is ask how much he wanted for the barrel. Long story short, he got a down payment for a new vehicle and helped load it in my truck. The top of the barrel had nice stuff, the bottom of it just shards, but I managed to get my metal buddy some work by making these. What do you think?
    [img][/img]
    [img][/img]
    [img][/img]
    [img][/img]

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Damn......
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Youve been a member since 2011..and made 1 post?
    Awesome key rings tho. How much?
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 07-04-20 at 07:42.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Youve been a member since 2011..and made 1 post?
    Awesome key rings tho. How much?
    I joined back then to buy some LPK from a member then when I tried to register it said I was already a member. Im an RN by trade and only read forums when i have downtime, which lately is not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Serious question. Don't take this personally or the wrong way cause maybe I'm not seeing something or not understanding this correctly. But you paid several thousand for a whole lot of scrap? There's no uppers to these, just lowers.... right? And they're all destroyed beyond use or repair?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Serious question. Don't take this personally or the wrong way cause maybe I'm not seeing something or not understanding this correctly. But you paid several thousand for a whole lot of scrap? There's no uppers to these, just lowers.... right? And they're all destroyed beyond use or repair?
    Not scrap to me. It is my preciousssssss

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My weird sense of what is cool and collectible..... must be a pretty close match with yours.

I want some. Can you find me 2-3-4 that are consecutive numbers and PM me a price?

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Yea please send a pm on price for one, that is if you plan on selling.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Also interested in a few!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m interested in a few. Are they all Colts or are there any GM Hydromatic and H&R.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast