Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Cleaning Setup

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use the otis pull through system and it works, but is annoying on many fronts. What I've seen that works really really well is this.

There was a guy shooting silouettes at 100-500 yards prone at the silhouette range at my club. He was using some sort of plastic or nylon rod semi flexible with a jag point to wipe his bore after every shot. He used a small tub of wet patches (in cleaning solution), like a plastic box of wipes, grabbed one, put it on the rod and through the bore, then a dry, really quick on a 24" barreled rifle while prone. It made me rethink how I clean my guns and thing about how easy it can be. He had multiple rods in different sizes for different length of silhouette guns. As soon as I figure out where to get those rods, that's the system I'm using. Next time I'm out there I have to ask because I cannot find them anywhere.

Feedback Score
    I use the bore snake in between, and a tipton carbon fiber rod for a thorough $26 its a one time purchase. Short rod and chamber brush, big bamboo and small q-tips, patches, rags, solvnet and iol. Ultrasonic for BCG, with the lucas ultrasonic cleaner (no oil bath needed).

https://www.amazon.com/Tipton-Deluxe...8-2&th=1&psc=1
    Last edited by Steved13; 07-11-20 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    wow thanks for all of the replies! I did push the brush through the chamber end towards the muzzle, but I did make the rookie mistake of pulling it back through. I was still careful with it all, though. Either way, thanks for the suggestions. I may get a bore snake for every day cleanings as the rods seem annoying.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ejewels View Post
    wow thanks for all of the replies! I did push the brush through the chamber end towards the muzzle, but I did make the rookie mistake of pulling it back through. I was still careful with it all, though. Either way, thanks for the suggestions. I may get a bore snake for every day cleanings as the rods seem annoying.
    If you are careful and go slow, pulling a brush back through will not damage the crown or anything else.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    If you are careful and go slow, pulling a brush back through will not damage the crown or anything else.
    Shoot. I rock that bronze bore brush back and forth 10 times. You have to be REALLY 'special' to damage the crown.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123